THIS IS TEST N.2 IN THE ART DETOX 2010 CAMPAIGN
YOU CAN PRINT YOUR OWN ART DETOX PATCHES USING THE ATTACHED GRAPHIC FILES
ART DETOX PATCHES *
- Apply the Art Detox curative patch on the part of your body or other topical zone distressed by art-overexposure or other forms of artistical numbness.
- The efficaciousness of the product is guaranteed as long it is attached to a visible zone.
- This product does not contain harmful chemical substances.
- Document your cure and get more Art Detox medical recommendations from the blog http://artdetox2010.ning.com
* designed by Dr. John Mountain, technical assistance by Dr. Darlene DKA Altschul / photo Dr. Vittore Baroni
At ART DETOX, we say that "exposure to art is harmful," but it is a psychological damage, not a physical one. The patches are supposed to "neutralize" the negative effect of the constant art-exposure upon our brains. ART affects our life on a daily basis, but it is precisely the overexposure to ART what we try to combat with the Paper Bags Test and with the Patches Action. Art is "toxic," this is a fact. Art is “toxic” as it coerces, determines and influences one´s "taste" and this creates an addiction to repeat the same stimulus over and over and overlook new and different stimuli. To artists, it is equally toxic as it leads to imitation, plagiarism or appropriationism. It restrains one´s capacity of imagination and creativity. Insulation from art-stimuli (by the paper bags on your head; or by the neutralizing effect of the patches) should clean our neurological systems, and tune them up to reach a state of hyper-sensitivity in which both art and reality will be experienced in full. We do not aim for a permanent insulation from art, but for a sort of "diet" (art diet) that cleans our brains and capacitates us to fully enjoy the art stimulus in the future. Like drug addicts in the need of a higher dose to achieve the same level of "pleasure," people are submitted to art-overexposure resulting in their senses getting numb. We try to get their (and our) senses sharp again. The harmful effect of art-overexposure is quite subtle and it works in a sort of "brainwash process." The AD-patch works as a "placebo." At ART DETOX, we are against the use of any chemical substances to achieve a healthy and complete art-detoxification.