Well, given that our Valentine's Day Special Mailing has been such a success, it's perhaps time to think about the next Special Mailing.

The theme for this one has been suggested by Valentin Dolgov, and will commemorate Yuri Gagarin becoming the first man in space on 12 April, 1961.

The Mailing could celebrate any and all space achievements since then, with, of couurse, an emphasis on postal history.

PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING.

I'm willing to coordinate the mailing list again.

So far we have 2 participants (both called Valentin[e], but to be so called is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition to join in) as follows:

1. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

2. Valentine Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France

STARSHIP, ENTERPRISE CALLING ALL MAIL ARTISTS

Space: the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Postal History Boutique
Its 5 year mission
To explore strange new artistic worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no Mail Artist has gone before

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

I will wait for your interpretive dance video! Are "brave" or "drunk" deal breakers? :-)

--JH

Val, my therapist absolutely loved that dream...fodder for years....Jennie, not in this case...I'm afraid one or the other is absolutely essential but I'm thinking before we get to my "Get Carter" dance I should start off with my beachball dance to Theme from A Summer Place. There's no full frontal nudity in that one....
Hee hee hee! "A Summer Place"...all of your screen gem references are FAB! I'm a bit of a noir girl myself -- living here in SF, there are some greats: "The House on Telegraph Hill", "The Lady From Shanghai" and "Dark Passage". And let's not forget "Vertigo"... :-)
Ah, Vertigo...near the top of my list. No one ever captured their own twisted nature better than Stewart standing in for Hitchcock.What an obscenely brave act of self-revelation. Also great Herrmann score.
me thinks you have more than two !

I'm a space cowgirl
Bet you weren't ready for that
I'm a space cowgirl
I'm sure you know where it's at
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[apologies to Steve Miller]
I'm in.
Marcia Cirillo
207 Oak St.
McKinney, TX 75069
USA

Mission Control confirms that you're on the list.

The Midnight Toker Val

I'm in on this one:

Louise Kiner

2 Glen Meadow Court

Toronto, Ontario

M9B 5B8

Canada

Telstar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ybCjf6ras&feature=related

David: is there an Art Dance like a rain Dance, if so, perhaps you could begin there -- clothed or not? If  form an IUOMA band to accompany you and want a rhythm guitariist, I'm your man; Regards, Val
Okay, I like the idea of IUOMA band....As long as I get to sing "Train Kept a Rollin'"...Possible Names: Return to Senders, Do Not Benders, Going Postal, Coast to Coastal, The Stamps, Dead Letter Office,  PO Box X, Address Unknown, Postage Due, Arte Poste, Ruud People...

...MR. Zip and the Forwarding Order?

can the first album be "Fragile, Liquid, Hazardous and Perishible"?

I like that....

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-august-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service