MAIL ART

DADA COW 2023

rubber stamp project

Not long now and then it will be Christmas! :=)

I give YOU* an individual rubber stamp with your name made of foam rubber with a LED laser. The stamp has the dimensions 95mm x 60mm.

I will only send you the finished moss rubber stamp by Mail Art. You have to make your own wooden printing plate.

You also need a stamp box with an ink pad that is 100 mm long and 65 mm wide.

My wish is that a lot of Mail Art in 2023 will be sent with this special stamps.

It's enough, if you add your comment to this post with "I'm participating!"

I am also happy about your ideas and suggestions. Make sure I have your address to send you the gift before 12/24/2022.

* I am offering a total of 11 gifts! So be quick! Deadline for your request is 30.10.2022.

If would be a great if someone helps out in the documentation of the progress in 2023, for example by using what3words or openstreetmap where our cows are going… or setting up an archiv.

Best to you,

Juan

Views: 692

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Gracias Juan por este hermoso regalo.
Me alegra que te guste Burdeos. Mi ciudad atrae a muchos ciudadanos de todo el mundo (creo que el vino , bebida para compartir en buena compañía tiene algo que ver con este interés :-)
Y en las calles de Burdeos se oye a menudo hablar español.
Te enviaré un  arte- correo pronto.

A bientôt!

Is it too late to ge a DADA cow? I love the idea and would love to participate.

hello CUTandTEAR,

no its fine, YOU are number 12.

i need to know your favorite name for the stamp! are you ok with CUT&TEAR?

or:

CUTandTEAR

CUTANDTEAR

KATE DUDDECK

??

Please reply here what artist name you would like to have on the stamp!

best

Juan

Estimado Juan,

Mi regalo de Navidad llegó temprano!
Muchas gracias. Lo prepararé para ser utilizado y pronto compartiré las fotos.

hello Marcia,
great. that good notice. Please post some samples here in this group. and enjoy what's coming next, because this was not the end of the project. it is just the beginning... and you will be part of it!
best

juan

Yes, for sure. Soon I’ll start the printing tests and I’ll show you here. ;-)

This is my 4th print.FC8522F9-781A-414D-9558-C40CE342FA5C.jpeg I made it with a roller and paint as I’m unable to get a stamp pad this size what do you think?

It's a bit smudgy. If you have a smaller stamp pad you can turn it around: put the stamp pad against the cow all around the area and then try to stamp it. Good luck, Claire.

I like the additions by the roller! :-)

It reminds me of the USPS x-mas postmarks who contain a lot of ink (but in contrary to the USPS postmarks which make the postage stamps invisible), on blanco paper it looks nice, to my opinion.

Also it reminds me of lino cut prints, in which the extra ink spots make the image look even more vivid.

As Carien says, small stamp pads with raised pad can be helpful (the brand I use are the square or drop shaped ink pads by Versa, but maybe also other brands like Distress or Stazon might have these). Also I lay the stamp down and take the ink pad in my hand to ink the stamp. And depending on the paper, I keep the stamp down, to subsequently put the to-be-stamped-on-paper above of it and rub it softly with my fingers.

hello claire,

i made many stamps with different sizes in the last time. a piece of plain medium-density fiberboard would be great. if you can not do this you could use the stamp between two pieces of wood like a sandwitch. first wood, than the rubber, than stamp color on top than the paper than another piece of wood and press...

you need good quality stamp colors and LOW pressure to avoid random dots (except you like them).

best

juan

Thanks for the help. I will get it sorted asap. I want to be happy with my cow. It’s so sweet and made with loving enthusiasm.

hello to all friends of this project,

lets go into "stage 2". for an art project in summer 2023 in spain i like to invite you to participate in an group exhibition (theme is THE ELEMENTS - pacha mama) in a cultural center in a village in catalunya.

i would need:

1. one envelope with YOUR cow stamp on it

2. 10 artworks in the size of 82 mm x 52 mm PORTRAIT oriented (!) on paper (with the right to stick it on wood an cut the leftover 2 mm ...

3. a short vita (you would like to be published with your work online and physically in the exhibition) dina a 5

by any question use comments here to provide the solutions and answers to all of us.

no fees, no commissions, no money but a lot of fun an a real participation in an exhibition in spain in 2023 !!

only open to the cow 2023 team !

best

juan

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service