Time: January 30, 2017 at 8pm to February 6, 2017 at 7pm
Location: Refugees Museum / Sykies/ Thessaloniki
Street: Refugees Museum (οδός Έβρου 49, έναντι γηπέδου ΒΑΟ, Συκιές))
City/Town: Thessaloniki, Greece
Website or Map: http://teetotum.weebly.com/
Event Type: exhibition
Organized By: Artist Group TeeToTuM & Photography Center of Thessaloniki
Latest Activity: Sep 29, 2017
The Photography Center of Thessaloniki and the Artist Group TeeToTuM organize the 3rd International Photo Based Mail Art exhibition: No DADA left.
The exhibition will present all the works of artists (from all over the world) who will attempt to trace in today echoes the practices of Dada: such as nihilistic side, lack of control and logic, humor and ingenuity, subversive political criticism, noise and source creative momentum.
In complete contradiction with the spirit of the Dadaists, which undoubtedly will be the most violent opponents of this "anniversary" initiative, it is extremely interesting to highlight the "anti-art" today, heretical and groundbreaking visual proposals, although of course there are, maybe they have something important to tell us.
In February 2016 has been the 100th anniversary of the launch of the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich, a place that hosted the first actions of the Dada movement.
Just two years later on 1918, Tristan Tzara, emblematic figure of the Dadaists, issued the second manifesto of the movement, declaring: “I write this manifesto to show that people can perform contrary actions together while taking one fresh gulp of air; I am against action; for continuous contradiction, for affirmation too, I am neither for nor against and I do not explain because I hate common sense.”
1. The participation is open to all artists.
2. No entry fee is required.
3. Entries will not be returned because they become the property of Photography Center of Thessaloniki for more presentations in the future.
1. Every artist can participate with more than a work.
2. We can only accept works based on a photo, or works that deal with the technique of photography, or imply photo as a basic technique, or the use of manipulated photo to produce a new work, or photo collage etc.
3. There in not size limit as long as it can fit in an envelope and sent to us by normal post (not framed).
4. All works will be exhibited in a central exhibition space in Thessaloniki, Greece, till the end of January 2017, for the events of 100 +1 years of DADA (Thessaloniki, Greece)
5. You can send more than one work without any frame, at:
Photography Center of Thessaloniki
PO Box 50163 Thessaloniki – 54013
Deadline: sent your works till 20/12/2016
For more information please contact by email Georgia Grigoriadou at: email@example.com or
Angelos Sofianidis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-invitation and e-catalogue will be sent for all participants.