Well, given that our Valentine's Day Special Mailing has been such a success, it's perhaps time to think about the next Special Mailing.

The theme for this one has been suggested by Valentin Dolgov, and will commemorate Yuri Gagarin becoming the first man in space on 12 April, 1961.

The Mailing could celebrate any and all space achievements since then, with, of couurse, an emphasis on postal history.

PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING.

I'm willing to coordinate the mailing list again.

So far we have 2 participants (both called Valentin[e], but to be so called is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition to join in) as follows:

1. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

2. Valentine Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France

STARSHIP, ENTERPRISE CALLING ALL MAIL ARTISTS

Space: the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Postal History Boutique
Its 5 year mission
To explore strange new artistic worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no Mail Artist has gone before

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

There's something about those icicles that remind me of nasal drip....

Mission Controll Memorandum Concerning the Special Space Mailing Follows:

TO : Fellow IUOMA Postal History Boutiques, Great Britain

Date:  22/02/2011

ADDRESS LIST FOR SPACE MAILING

1. Sputnik Kapitain: Valentin Dolgov,  PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057
  2. Apollo 1 Commander: Diane Keys, 407 S Liberty St, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
  3. Aether: Katerina Nikoltsau, Ginou 20, Harilaou, Thessaloniki 54249, Greece 
  4. Apollo 2 Commander: Nikki Soppelsa, 36 4th Ave, Berea, OH 44017, USA 
  5. Chief Veterinary Officer: Angie & Snooky, 225 S Summit Drive,  Port Washington, WI 53074, USA
  6. Space Capsule Interior Decorator: MyLifeAsACollage (M. Sass) 7545 Oxford #1, St Louis, MO 63105, USA
  7. Mission Controller: Valentine Mark Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France
  8. Tactical and Strategic Officer : Mim Golub Scalin, 2422 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA 23220-4410, USA
  9. British ESA Astronaut: Laurence Roberts, “Ty’n Coed”, 40 Boleyn Rd, Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London E7 9QE, England
  10. Entertainments Co-ordinator: David Stafford, 137 Alamo Drive, Santa Fé, NM, 87501, USA
  11. Communications Officer: Steve Tandy, 94 Norfolk Rd, GB-Wrexham LL12 7RY, Great Britain
  12. Guardian of the Space Vaults: Carla Cryptic, PO Box 1274, Berkeley, CA 94701-1274, USA
  13. Apollo 3 Commander: Marcia Cirillo, 207 Oak St, McKinney, TX 70059, USA
  14. Special Canadian Mission Astronautte: Louis Kiner, 2 Glen Meadow Ct, Etobicoke, ONT M9B 5BS, Canada

LAUNCH OF FIRST MANNNED SPACE CAPSULE: 12 APRIL 1961

Regards, MC Val

Hey! I really like my designation, but I better give you the correct postal code for Mission Control here;

it's M9B 5B8.

See you at the launch site.

Mission Control to All Astronauts....

Now hear this...

Now hear this....

Correct zip code for Louis Kiner is M9B 5BS

Regards, Mission Control

Sorry, retiring from "Aether" (yes Greek mythology, but poor contemporary meanings)

Apollo 11 Commander, please? And to Mission Control: the name is with an "o" - NIKOLTSOU ;-)

Over and out....(that's me on the moon back in '69)

Mission Control to All Space Folks:

Another correction (if we don't get this fixed soon the launch will be doomed!)

Katerina Nikoltsou has been promoted from Aether to Apollo 11 Commander.

Congratulations Katerina!

The Official Notice of this well deserved promotion record the correct spelling of her name: NIKOLTSOU.

Over and out,

Mission Control

Thank you Mission Control for your prompt correction and promotion

(that was one small step for Val, but one giant leap for Kat!) xxx

TO : Fellow IUOMA Postal History Boutiques, Great Britain

TO: Postal History Boutique Members

Date:  18/03/2011

DON'T FORGET OUR SPECIAL MAILING.

GET YOUR ASTRONAUT SUITS READY

HERE'S THE PQRTICIPNT LIST AGAIN

SEE Y'ALL IN SPACE

ADDRESS LIST FOR SPACE MAILING TO CELEBRATE

LAUNCHING OF FIRST MANNED SPACE CAPSULE ON

12  APRIL 1961

1. Sputnik Kapitain: Valentin Dolgov,  PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057
  2. Apollo 1 Commander: Diane Keys, 407 S Liberty St, Elgin, IL 60120, USA
  3. Apollo 11 Comander: Katerina Nikoltsou, Ginou 20, Harilaou, Thessaloniki 54249, Greece 
  4. Apollo 2 Commander: Nikki Soppelsa, 36 4th Ave, Berea, OH 44017, USA
  5. Space Capsule Interior Decorator: MyLifeAsACollage (M. Sass) 7545 Oxford #1, St Louis, MO 63105, USA
  6. Mission Controller: Valentine Mark Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France
  7. Tactical and Strategic Officer : Mim Golub Scalin, 2422 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA 23220-4410, USA
  8. British ESA Astronaut: Laurence Roberts, “Ty’n Coed”, 40 Boleyn Rd, Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London E7 9QE, England
  9. Entertainments Co-ordinator: David Stafford, 137 Alammo Drive, Santa Fé, NM, 87501, USA
  10. Communications Officer: Steve Tandy, 94 Norfolk Rd, GB-Wrexham LL12 7RY, Great Britain
  11. Guardian of the Vaults: Carla Cryptic, PO Box 1274, Berkeley, CA 94701-1274, USA
  12. Apollo 3 Commander: Marcia Cirillo, 207 Oak St, McKinney, TX 70059, USA
  13. Special Canadian Mission Astronautte: Louis Kiner, 2 Glen Meadow Ct, Etobicoke, ONT M9B 5B8, Canada

Ground Control to Major Val....out they go!

5 4 3 2 1 LIFT OFF David.

Bravo! Mine will follow your into space next week.

Regards, Val

Yep, looks good for take off, David! Mine will be on Lift-Pad by April 1st, too!

Why is my envelope without a red-rocket ship ? ;-(

(I am self-propelled?)

No, no  the rocket meme gathered speed after I finished yours...I put the internal combustion engine on yours...

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-august-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service