Bonsoir!

Katerina has suggested that we have a Special Mailing for Valentine's Day.

The theme would be,of course, Valentine's Day. Any treatment of it is allowed, but please try and give it some historic dimension.

(The only thing that is not allowed is using the image of any shape or form of Him in Sigean called Valentine)

Please let me know if you would like to participate. the 'obligation' involved is that all participants mail all other participants bon the 14th.

So far we have 2 people committed to this:

1; Katerina,

2. Him in Sigean.

DO JOIN IN!

Do let me know,

Regards, Val (only 26 days to go to my Saint's Day! Only three hundred and fifty odd shopping days to next Christmas)

Views: 459

Replies to This Discussion

i would like to join you for Valendine's day!

A 19th NAME FOR THE VALENTINE'S DAY MAILING

19. Jennie Hinchcliffe, c/o Red Letter Day, PO Box 170271 San Franciso, CA 94177, USA

(Katerina, Angie/Snoopy , et al: I know you mean well, but please, please, DON'T include me in your mailings. Thank you, Val)

Thank you for putting my name on the list!

--JH

PS: my zip code is 94117, instead of "94177"...  :-)

heee, heee, heee...HIM in Seagan donta know usins very well, do he, eh? Lalalalalal....

20th NAME FOR THE VALENTINE DAY MAILING

20. Laurence Roberts: Ty'n Coed, 40, Boleyn Road, Upton Lane, Forest Gate, GB- London E7 9QE, England

YAY! Welcome Laurence to our Valentine mailing! And "PERASTIKA" for your flu bug, take care!

YAY! snookyDog..and Angie, 'glad some "Puppy Love" arrived...do you want MORE...I have MORE...lots and lots. Also, I counted last night, that I have 153 of these "LOVE" with flowers. Postal History: 20 cent USA Postage Stamp, from 1983.

They will go in by the handful into each and every Valentine mailing fromVal's happy list of participants.

"Just spreading the LOVE"!

And a limited amount (25) exists of these "rainbow" LOVE stamps. Postal History:

22 cent USA Postage Stamp, issued in 1985 (and the price of mailing went up even for LOVE!)

yes, well, sometimes LOVE is upside-down, and inside-out and well, topsy-tirpy, too!
It may not say "LOVE", but...

BUT it IS lovely!

Val

So help me figure out something about this call.  It is a Valentine's Day call, but it has to have a historic nature and involve stamps.  Is this right?  I'm confused.  I have some cool ideas for valentine's day cards, and some cool ideas for stamp history mailers, but the two aren't going together well...

Val's personal views: it IS about postal history (however you choose to define it), not the least because it is 'sponsored' by the Postal History Boutique. It need not necessarily involve stamps -- anything postal will do, mailboxes, postpersons, historic envelopes, old post or Valentine's Day cards.

: it is NOT just an occasion to send out Valentine's Day Mail Art, featuring for example your loved one(s) and corgis or cats. People will be doing this sort of thing anyway (though not necesarily with corgis and cats), and good luck to them.

Others will have different views, and good luck to them too, and vive les differences!

(My part in this now is just to coordinate the mailing list)

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-august-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service