NOTA BENNY, i just posted the same message as a blog post; my befuddlement knows no bounds. f this is not good etiquette here, please cut a rank beginner a break, okay? thanks a zillon!
thurs 03/09/2017 15:30
THIS ISN'T MEANT AS A GRIPE OR COMPLAINT!but i'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed and confused by the site. there's so much here for me to take in and figure out. i do not know where to post messages like this one so that the wider IUOMA can see them-- here, on this page? on *my* page? is it preferable to frame my messaging as a blog post or in the discussion forum?
where and when and how to introduce myself further -- i ain't sure, do folks read each others' profile pages and use them to communicate, or by putting up their messages in the public space?
where IS the public space?
where is the bathroom?
how do i invite people to be friends? and find folks whose interests are simpatico?
how does one engage with the chat?
do i just need to look around more and figure it out for myself? like i said up there, all in capital letters, this isn't me bitching and moaning, nor yet trying to be a great big attention-sucking lamprey sponge waah-waah monster; i'm just the new kid in the village who is having a little trouble learning the local folkways.
Vel--Yes, the IUOMA web site can be daunting. I've answered your questions below. But give yourself time to explore the site.
Go to this link for some basic info to get you started.
Also go to this group link.
1. You can post on your page, and the message will be posted on Main Page (public space), which is where I read your pleas for help.
2. Communicate with individual mail artists by going to their page and adding a comment. For a comment to be private, use the Friend Invite, & after acceptance send Message -left menu on your page.
3.To send a 'friend invitation' look at the right side bar menu under your name.
4. Sympaticos: look at photos of work, read profiles.
5. To update your Profile go to Settings upper right menu on your page. Your Page & Profile is how you introduce yourself. Add some photos of your work to your Photos section so others will get to know you too. They will show up on the Photos section (top menu).
6. Chat--go lower right. Click on red or green dot. Red dot means disconnected, green dot means connected to Chat. Go online and list of others currently online shows up. Click on a name and Chat.
RESPECT for others is the key to being a mail artist on IUOMA.
Bathroom is upstairs-- go right, go left at intersection, go to end of hall turn right, then left--got it??? Sorry, the key is downstairs under the mat.
love the answer Carmela.
Glad this discussion is started too, a discussion can always be found by others too. Getting started on IUOMA is quite an experience. It takes a few weeks of exploring to get used to all the functions this social network offers.