Well, given that our Valentine's Day Special Mailing has been such a success, it's perhaps time to think about the next Special Mailing.

The theme for this one has been suggested by Valentin Dolgov, and will commemorate Yuri Gagarin becoming the first man in space on 12 April, 1961.

The Mailing could celebrate any and all space achievements since then, with, of couurse, an emphasis on postal history.

PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING.

I'm willing to coordinate the mailing list again.

So far we have 2 participants (both called Valentin[e], but to be so called is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition to join in) as follows:

1. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

2. Valentine Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France

STARSHIP, ENTERPRISE CALLING ALL MAIL ARTISTS

Space: the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Postal History Boutique
Its 5 year mission
To explore strange new artistic worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no Mail Artist has gone before

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

i feel an IUOMA t-shirt coming on.....
You know what to do....

I've been trying for ages to get an IUOMA Music Group started but my Russian friend has problems with an avatar, her computer and her cats (in no particular order). It was supposed to be about Mail Art, but it might stifle David's, er, creativity.

Perhaps someone else is interested in starting a Music Group (I 'm not, cos I have neither a scanner nor a digital camera, which seem to be essential, and I am hopeless at computing?.

Of all those great Band titles, I prefer Return to Sender(s).

And I remember many days when I was a student when we'd sit in the pub all night long to agree on a name for our Band. We'd agree on something, write it down on a beer mat, and go home;. The next morning we'd find we had agreed on an absolutely stupid name -- I remember 'The Flying Ashtrays and Company -- and then start the process all over again the next (drinking) night.

Regards Val (one time roadie of Terry and the Terrapins)

Hi! Song lyrics has nothing to do with art at all...just music. There must be someone interested ina Music Mail art Grouyp somewhere.

Regards, Val

Ready for LIFT-OFF! what a great stamp! Thank you so much, Val, this is special!

Yuri to Mission control:

I am watching ya awl from up here! Good work Valentine and Valentin.

All systems "GO"?

Do we have a list of the players yet?

Do we have a list? Not yet, but I'll send the names and addresses of the 14 people 'signed up' in the next day or so.

Regards, Val

most excellent....thanks, Val

Val...

I hope this means the list will come in an email, yes?

Nikki

P.S. 'this' ... has me sorting stamps again ;-))

Hi Nikki,

Either it will come via IUOMA today in the usual way, or the IUOMA satellite will personally beam you a message down to Berea, OH.

You might want to be prepared for the latter, by standing outside your back door at exactly 08.59 CET wearing your space suit.

Or, alternatively, check your IUOMA mailbox later in the day.

Regards, Val

Mission Control:

Weather conditions required checking indoor mailbox ... wearing flannel/s suit.

Message (still) received.

Over and out

Commander Soppelsa

USA

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-august-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service