A participatory exhibition project draws on the genre of mail art, art that is sent by post. All interested people are invited to write a card to the Bartlhaus and thereby engage with a cultural technique that is in the process of disappearing from our society.
- All mailart techniques are allowed: writing, stamping, gluing, painting, drawing.
- Postcards in A6 format (10,5 x 14,9 cm)
- send by mail to: Schriftmuseum Bartlhaus, Museumstraße 16, 4643 Pettenbach, Austria
- Please indicate the complete sender (name, address, country)
- According to the usual rules of mailart all submissions will be collected, documented and exhibited: no Jury, no Fee, no Return
- Cards with offensive or discriminatory content will be excluded from the project
- By submitting their entry, all artists agree to the terms and conditions of participation and authorize the organizer to publish, distribute, and image their work for reporting and public relations purposes free of charge. They assure that they own the copyrights of the work and that there are no agreements with third parties who can claim rights of use.
- As usual with Mail-Art projects, the submitted works remain with the organizer.
- Please pass on this information! We look forward to receiving many submissions that will be exhibited in our temporary gallery TEMPO.
Starting on April 27, 2024, visitors inside the museum will have the opportunity to send cards from the museum.