Bonsoir!

Katerina has suggested that we have a Special Mailing for Valentine's Day.

The theme would be,of course, Valentine's Day. Any treatment of it is allowed, but please try and give it some historic dimension.

(The only thing that is not allowed is using the image of any shape or form of Him in Sigean called Valentine)

Please let me know if you would like to participate. the 'obligation' involved is that all participants mail all other participants bon the 14th.

So far we have 2 people committed to this:

1; Katerina,

2. Him in Sigean.

DO JOIN IN!

Do let me know,

Regards, Val (only 26 days to go to my Saint's Day! Only three hundred and fifty odd shopping days to next Christmas)

Views: 459

Replies to This Discussion

OOhh! That gives me some great ideas...I might focus on the history of mail-order catalogs.  Do you remember reading comics as a kid and there was always some odd-ball toy or x-ray glasses you could send off for?  One lady even offered to mail you a monkey if you sent in five box tops.  I think I once sent off for an articulated R2D2 cereal bowl that beeped.  Talk about haptic mail...
Jen...but it is definitely HISTORIC! ;-)

VAL...VAL....VAL (said in the same tone as "HAL" in "2001 Space Odyssey")

Who is that "billytulip" and why? Something arrived today from "a mail art lover".

Very well drawn tulip, sir Val...and very "postal". Many thanks!

There's a long(ish) story behind Billy Tulip that includes the worst football team in England, my email nom de plume, and living in Holland. It might not interest you at all. Do you really want to know? I(t has nothing to do with Mail Art, though)

Regards, Val

Okay, the correction appears on the discussion board but not here on the main page? How is that ning?

Anyway,,,back-to-the-future: that is "2001: Space Odyssey". sigh.

my address is:

Doiranis 19

Thessaloniki

Greece

Thank you!!!!

VALENTINE  MAILING list , as of Friday, 28 January, 2011

UNLESS INDICATED OTHERWISE, ALL ADDRESSES ARE IN THE US OF A

1. Katerina Nikoltsou, Glinou 20, Harilaou, Thessaloniki 54249, Greece

2. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

3. Angie and Snooky, 225 S Summit Drive, Port Washington, WI 53074

4. David Stafford, 137 Alamo Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501

5. Alexis McAdam, Augustana College Box 1428, 639 38th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201

6. Jen Staggs, 821 Allen St, #923, Dallas TX 75204

7. Diane Keys 407 S Liberty St, Elgin, IL 60120

8. ejva.nsva, 2399 N Guyang Rd, Bldg 40 #1604, Songjiang District, Shanghai, PRC (China) 201620 

9. Sharon Silverman, PO Box 1212, Haverhill MA 01831

10. Louise Kiner, 2 Glen Meadow Court, Toronto, ONT M9B 5B8, Canada

11.Em Townsend, 11750 Carmel Drive, Lakewood, CO 80215

12. Michael Kotsaris, K. Laskari 82, Etoliko-30400, Greece

13. Marcia Cirillo, 207 Oak St, McKinney, TX 75069

14. SA Walker, Postmistress, Pine Cone Island Post Office, PO Box 6334, Washington DC 20015

15. Andy Delgado, 14385 West Yale Place, Lakewood, CO 80228

16. Georgia Grigoriadou, Doiranis 19, 54638, Thessaloniki, Greece

17. Boo Cartledge, 1029 Mallard Creek, Road, Louisville, KY 40207 

AND, I think we should express our love to Ruud Janssen as well! If you agree, his address is:

18. Ruud Janssen, TAM-Publications, PO Box 1055, Nl-4801 BB Breda, The Netherlands

19. Jennie Hinchcliffe, c/o Red Letter Day, PO Box 170271 San Franciso, CA 94117, USA

20. Laurence Roberts: Ty'n Coed, 40, Boleyn Road, Upton Lane, Forest Gate, GB- London E7 9QE, England

Valentine Mark will be away from Sigean, France, as he wrote earlier: (Please note that for personal reasons --which I will not explain, because they are personal, so don't ask -- I will not be participating in the mailing which, I am sure, will be a great success.) May all be well, Val! Keep in touch if you can!

My historic postal postcards are finished!  Mailing them out tomorrow- Valentine's Day plays a small part.  These cards are a collection of funky old mail order offers from the 1940s and 1950s.  These are the kinds of toys and freebie offers from comic books and the old Bazooka Joe chewing gum wrappers.  Enjoy!

wow...you are fast...

I had to give up trying to make it about both Valentine's and Postal History.  So History won out.  Some of these mail-order items were insane!

Valentine for Valentine!

If you mail out early and your mail can reach the UK by Feb 10...

send our fearless leader, Valentine a Valentine/History mail art:

Valentine Herman, 18 Mayfields, Uplands Rd, GB-Darlington DL3 7TU, England. UK

Yes, Jen, I posted at the regular board, but now here,too: Your mail art with "history" is definitely "in"! Sounds great, and the aim is to mail :-) Mine are ready, too, going out in Monday's post! See ya all in the mail!

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-august-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service