.Formerly arac'n'kram who "were looking after this site while Vizma has gone walkabout. We look forward to when Viz re-emerges in NY & meets arac. Until then let's keep the show on the road, folksl"

She's back. And so is the Viz'n'Val roadshow.

Views: 2769

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bonjour! Where have you gone? I didn't go to Paris after all, 'cos I couldn't afford it. Sad, but I'm saving like mad to get to SA or Latvia or Tobacco or wherever I'llmeet up with you instead. One day. Somewhere. Under the Rainbow. (That's a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam).

You have to tell me if you're a 'real' (ie qualified) artist or not.

May all your Targa Trips be sunny!

Val

Oh, you missed Paris? Was that this wkend? At least you'll be able to send out your slidey art to everyone, since it was your idea anyway.

My name is Vizma Bruns and I am a real qualified artist.

There, the truth is out. Yes, I studied at 2 art schools in Adelaide. I completed my training, another 2 yrs at SA Craft and Design Centre. I'm also a qualified jeweller. I can weld, arc, oxy, mig, tig, (if that means anything) but I don't dance like Flashdance chick, Irene Arac!

AND I worked in a detective agency once upon a time and followed crooks! I'm allowed to talk about it now, as all cases are closed and the Agency doesn't exist anymore. I was hoping it'd be more like Charlie's Angels, but it was horrid, so I quit. The best perk was the agency paid for your cocktails if you were doing surveilance in a bar! And paid speeding fines!!

So there you go, what'll I think of next?

Viz

ps. going to Tobacco for Courlander Gathering and to sing in a choir. Latvians once had settlements (? can't think of the word in Eng, as it is my 2nd language) in Tobago and there's still plenty of Latvian historical stuff and I want to look at it!!

Tonight I'm going to drink lots of champagne, and then more, cos yesterday there was a stupid effing referendum in Latvia, cos the rooskies were demanding Russian as an equal national language there. So I had to drive to Ad to vote against it, and thankfully this stupid idea isn't going thru- imagine, then Russian would have snuck in as a language in the EU. Makes my blood boil. So have a drink for us  too!

Over and out and out of it. 

Wow! I'm impressed, really impressed that you're an artist, and a jeweller too. And you have all those friends -- Arc, Oxy, Mig, Tig, Tag & Bobtail as well.

And a detective too. So you spent all of your time drinking cocktails and getting speeding tickets: not a bad job, at all. Did the agency provide you with a car, Charlie?

Do you have a job at the moment, or do you just devote your waking hours and sleeping thoughts to communicating with moi?

I'm reading a series of very silly, but quite good fun, detective books by Ian Pears about art thefts, murders etc, mostly set in Italy.

I read about the Latvian referendum on the Beeb's website. Did you have to vote, or did you just feel like going for a drive?I remember going to a research institution in Hungary a few years ago near the Hungarian-Russian border. The Director welcomed us, said that 80% of his staff (including secretarial staff) had doctorates, and that 90 of his researchers were at least bilingual...in Hungarian and Russian. Did we want the meeting to be held in Hungarian, Russian, or (with interpretation) English? Guess what we chose?

Interesting that Latvians settled in Tobago. I'll look up Courlander.

I've only voted once in my life (in 1973, I think) and have no intentions of ever voting again. There's been a lot of fuss this week, cos President Sarkastic announced he was going to re-run for the Presidency in April/May. Lots of People (well 2 and a dog) asked me for my views, and got my standard response, 'I'm a visitor to your country, and don't think it appropriate to talk about either religion or politics. In Fraance I limit my discussions on topical matters to sport and sex. Merci et au revoir'.

Thank you for the invitation to join you in a drink. I don't really need an excuse to do so, BUT a Latvian refendum is a novel one for breaking open a bottle. I'll be there about 18.30, so get the booze chilled. Are we having a barbie too?

As the Irish saying goes, 'Vote early & vote often'.

Bye, Val

PS I don't get the Flashdance Irene Arac reference...explain, please?  

Hey! You're a Real Artist (RA, as in Royal Academy). What do you make of this email I got overnight?

You could either go for it yourself, or send me the money so that I could (¤about US $5,000) I reckon.

Thank you.

Dear Val Herman,

I came across your website val-herman-art.eu while I was doing research online. I wanted to take a minute to introduce you to our gallery.

Agora Gallery has been in business since 1984 and is located in the heart of New York’s famous art district, Chelsea. A well-established gallery, we provide promotional services to talented artists such as yourself, for which we charge an annual promotional fee.
For more information about gallery representation and our services, or to submit your portfolio for review, please visit http://www.agora-gallery.com/artistinfo/gallery_representation.aspx .

I would be happy to answer any questions. You can reach me at 212-226-4151 or chiara@agora-gallery.com.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Chiara Mortaroli Marketing Assistant / Agora Gallery http://www.Agora-Gallery.com
Chiara@Agora-Gallery.com
Phone (US): 212.226.4151 ext. 207 Phone (Italy): +39.3661557179 Fax (US): 212.966.4380

YES!... today I finally figured out I could find my way here under discussions on my profile page and I don't have to hunt up the V's in the forum anymore...yeah, I'm pretty quick...it only takes me about 2 or 3 months to catch onto computer-type things give or take a month or three ;)

WOW Viztastic...who knew you were such a wonder woman, or is it a Charlie's Angel? With all those talents under your belt you sound like a walking Etsy store :) Val, Flashdance~cheesy 80's movie, big-hair sexy chic wore off the shoulder cut-up sweatshirt and tights, was a super dancer and also a welder. The girl who played the part was named Irene Cara and Viz may not dance like the Fashdance chic but I am quite sure she dances and twirls around while putting her projects together...or is that just me? So, Vizma are you now just a freefloating world traveler who can check out for months at a time.  BTW I don't think that 3 months away will be good, you make me laugh out loud damn near daily, I will miss that :(

P.S. The next drink I have I will toast the death of the said referrendum...I wonder if that will ever come into question with Spanish here.

Dear Flashydancer arac: please send us some photos of you  flash dancing. Thankyou.

Val (who doesn't do movies at all, ever, and hasn't really emerged from the music scene of the 60's. 'I know it's only rock'n'roll/But I like it, like it/Yes I do'.)

The Flashdance woman was called Irene Cara, hence Arac! And I've never tried dancing while welding, but I'd like to try a welding waltz! I might trip over the pipes and burn my partner's hair though.

Hey Val, I got the #4 envelope! Full of goodies plus Viz comic!! Thankyou! loved the tiny cigarette card too! Got mine yet?

Thanks guys for having death of the referendum drinks with me...wish you really were here. Virtual drinking really isn't all that much fun. I'm going out tonight to celebrate again with some Latvian neighbours. (10 mins drive but still neighbours) Monday night, party night, that's what they call it. Luckily I don't have a job besides overseeing the farm estate, which leaves plenty of time to spare. Although the cows will be calving in the next month and Inese and I will have to run the whole place and probably pull out calves, hard work and long hours. Ps. Inese is my sis, another secret is out!

Wonder how Bear's job is going? Guess he'd be starting in an hour or so!

Yes Val, I had to vote, as I have a Latvian passport, which is handy fo EU travel. Yesterday Kat said that she'll come to Sigean too and we'll go to your exhib opening,so you'd better order a few more boxes of champagne for us!! Arac, will you join us too? Hey, what happened with Paris? Kat missed it too.

What discussions on the profile page Arac? You're a month or 3 quicker than I am too! I just see in emails that a message has been left in ViznVal, and it brings me straight here. We'll have to add Arac's name if she changes it to Varac or Vavavoom or similar. ViznValnVavavoom?? Sounds flashy! Val's Angels!! Ha ha!

Kelly Garrett.

Bonjour Kelly!

Can I play rthymn guitar on the Welding Waltz please? My Musicians Union contract will not allow me to play more than 3 different chords, and I will not attempt to play them at the same time.

Nope, I haven't got #4 yet from you, but when I do I'll finish and post off #5.

Katerina didn't get to Paris because the Greek air system was paralysed by strikes. She wanted to get to Paris for Friday night, but apparently after hanging around Thessaloniki Airport all day the best she could do was get to Zurich by 04.00 on Saturday morning, so she gave up, and had a French wine & cheese meal at home. And I didn't go to Paris because I've run out of money for this month (sending you #4?) and couldn't afford to do so. I felt sad and bad about this, 'cos I really wanted to go and meet the Gang.

Which, however, is threatening to come here. I will alert the Town Hall so that the Mayor can lay on suitable entertainment, and the gendarmerie so that they can start planning their crowd control measures. We should have a new President by then -- got any suitable Latvian candidates, because the French ones aren't impressive at all? -- so he might come and join the fun and games.

I thought that the Bear had some sort of white collar job, but now i suspect he's been fooled to helping V'z'n'Is with the calves. Oh well, I'm sure that you have a Very Up Market Ranch, with a strict dress code that says that all the cowhand and bearhands must wear white collars.

Arac seems to have found a quick link to Vizz'n'Val: sometimes it's there, othertimes it's not.

Nope virtual drinking ain't much fun, but there again drinking is.

I'll be getting in some serious drinking and being(a-bachelor-again practice in between now and Easter, as I'll be all alone here with the cats until then. However, I'm hoping that a few Air France Stewardesses will move in with me soon. I've been trying to arrange a training contact for them over the last few weeks, and think that it will be agreed soon. If they do come, there will be some accomodation problems, and the Angels may have to sleep on the terrace or the roof.

I like your suggested changes for the name: perhaps we should ask Arac, Nick and Bear for suggestions too. then we could hold a democratic vote (Swiss and UK EU passport holders have 2 votes each, US voters 1 each), and then we could take a democratic decisions as to what it should be called; the democratic decision would be determined by the Latvian passport holder, who has 18,970 votes. 

That's all, Monsieur Maigret

Thank you, Valentine Mark Herman, for reminding me how close I got to Paris..

sob, sob, sob...crying in my drink :-(

Bonsoir! I've been thinking -- a rare event, and one well worth announcing -- and come to the conclusion that every now and again we should take over a photo and have a conversation that has , well, not all that much, to do with it.Wotcha think?

Don't we already do that (hijacking) on a regular basis? Isn't that why you started VnV?

So I've found that if I go to my profile page and look under my pic where it says discussions it leads me to the last thing I said, didn't know that before. I used to have to go to forum then look for it to get back here if I didn't wanna go through my email.  Also, this is mainly for Val...a while ago you said you were unfamiliar with blogging and didn't know what blogspot was.  I then noticed that you never comment on blogs and I wondered if you were missing them on this sight.  If not...my bad but if you are missing them then you ought to  check them out, lots of interesting things there.  At the top of the page it says from Left to right main invite and than blogs...click here and start blogging please :)  Also, Blogspot is a popular blogging sight and  many mailartists have sites here, I know for certain E, Utopia, Arttower, Testtower, and RCBz do and there are lots of mailart projects to search for here too.  OK...I'm done with my computer bit now.  If you already knew all this...then my bad again ;)

As far as names go, I definitely feel it appropriate to stick with the V's so I shall assume the name Vara...but only for the loony discussions on the ViznVal Show ;)  For Bear I vote Vear as he is apparently MIA, if going the Angels route maybe he could fill the slot of Bosley but a third angel is definitely needed. Hmmmmm....pick by humor potential or name possibilities? Vangie and Vooky if we need a sidekick or perhaps Vaterina up there sobbing in her wine would be a good third angel???? But I clearly understand that all these things will have to be approved by our local Latvian as it seems she somehow ended up getting 18,970 votes to my 1 which hardly seems fair by the way but I understand that some democracies just don't go your way and unless we can come up with another 18, 965 voters and all vote together that things will always go Vizma's way. Or...we could get another Latvian passport holder to join to make it a little more fair.

On a different note, anyone else notice the strange timing of Bear getting the white collar job offer and Bear being IUOMA absent?!? I'm afraid they may have snatched him and thrown him into a white collar brainwashing facility before he starts his new gig in the morning.  The last thing he said to me is that his business cards would say Daniel Qualls but he would be answering to Danny :/ See what I mean...that's what they do, first they make you wear khaki pants, then they change your name and I'm afraid to think what might be after that.  Please keep all digits crossed for Bear or "Danny" as it were to reappear here one day...even if he is wearing a golf shirt ;)

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service