Well, given that our Valentine's Day Special Mailing has been such a success, it's perhaps time to think about the next Special Mailing.

The theme for this one has been suggested by Valentin Dolgov, and will commemorate Yuri Gagarin becoming the first man in space on 12 April, 1961.

The Mailing could celebrate any and all space achievements since then, with, of couurse, an emphasis on postal history.

PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING.

I'm willing to coordinate the mailing list again.

So far we have 2 participants (both called Valentin[e], but to be so called is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition to join in) as follows:

1. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

2. Valentine Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France

STARSHIP, ENTERPRISE CALLING ALL MAIL ARTISTS

Space: the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Postal History Boutique
Its 5 year mission
To explore strange new artistic worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no Mail Artist has gone before

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

I still don't have mail from :(

Valentin Dolgov

Diane Keys

Angie & Snooky

Laurence Roberts

No spacecraft sightings today, Tuesday. I am waiting only for 2:

Valentin in Russia and I-am-a-collage.

I hope they arrive before GrecoSpace Center shuts down

for BIG FAT GREEK Easter?

(there will be many, many days without mail service...up until May Day!)

You are in Greece waiting for two and I am in the U.S. waiting for four???? :(

(baking tsoureki today:))

And here in France, 5 Space Ships have not arrived and the contributions of Cosmanandwomenauttes Diane Keys,M Sass, Valentin Dolgov, Steve and Laurence Roberts are eagerly awaitd at Mission Control.

Regards, Val

Mission Control to the Space Capsule Interior Designer at the St Louis Space Station. Your Space catalaogue has been safely received...many thanks. We would like to order a Chippendale-style settee in red velvet, and a Hepplewhite-style sofa in, what else?, white.

Thanks, Mission Control, Loius XIV, Louis XV and other Sun King-style chaise longues

Mission Control Valentine to Sputnik Kapitain Comrade Valentin at Tomsk Space Station.

Hi Valentin! I got your envelope and card: thank you. I think this has been a great mailing. And it's all because of you for suggesting it in the first place.

Over and out,

Regards, Val

Tsoureki ready...(Greek Easter Bread), and if the Greek sun would come out, I could start to plan my trip to the village and the seaside shack for Easter feasting. But not. Still at GrecoSpace Center, ThessalonikiCity, and no mail ;-( Thus, still waiting for landing of Space Mail from Valentin and IamA Collage...one day soon?, safe landing!)

It really is a great mailing, and many thanks to Valentin and Valentine!

I've received a 'space' card with a cat on it!  While purrfectly delightful, I have not a clue

who to thank for it!

Bianca and Trouble (les chats de Val) say "You can thank us. We didn't send the card, but we liked to be thanked for things anyway".

Mission Control denies any responsibility for this reply.

I have a little chum whose middle name is Trouble ... perhaps you two can 'chat' sometime.

Thanks! Trouble doesn't have time to chat (ha! very good that) as he/sshe/it is too busy living up (or down) to his/her/its name; I'll extend the invitation to him/her/it anyway.

Mission Control (le?)

from five to ... the one (and only)

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service