Well, given that our Valentine's Day Special Mailing has been such a success, it's perhaps time to think about the next Special Mailing.

The theme for this one has been suggested by Valentin Dolgov, and will commemorate Yuri Gagarin becoming the first man in space on 12 April, 1961.

The Mailing could celebrate any and all space achievements since then, with, of couurse, an emphasis on postal history.

PLEASE JOIN THE MAILING.

I'm willing to coordinate the mailing list again.

So far we have 2 participants (both called Valentin[e], but to be so called is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition to join in) as follows:

1. Valentin Dolgov, PO Box 5308, Tomsk, Russia 634057

2. Valentine Herman, 1 Rue de la Vieille Fontaine, F-11130 Sigean, France

STARSHIP, ENTERPRISE CALLING ALL MAIL ARTISTS

Space: the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Postal History Boutique
Its 5 year mission
To explore strange new artistic worlds
To seek out new life and new civilizations
To boldly go where no Mail Artist has gone before

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

Katerina Nikoltsou

Louise Kiner

Carla Cryptic

David Stafford

Nikki Soppelsa

Marcia Cirillo

Valentine Mark Herman

...messages received, over and out

To let you all know, I will be posting to you all on Tuesday.

My contribution is dedicated to those who went before

Boldly go to the Post Office.

Do not pass 'Go'

Do not collect £200

Do not an infinitive split

I sent out my mailing to all of the people on the list and I hope they arrive safely!  That was March 23, 2011 I sent them out.  I also sent a similar mailing to two Gagarin tribute mail art calls inside of Russia.

So far, I've received mailings from:

Valentine Mark Herman (the postcard saying 'don't forget...')

Diane Keys

Louise M. Kiner

Katerina Nikoltsou

David Stafford

Thanks so much. :D

I drew a picture of Gagarin in his spacesuit which ended up looking a lot like me (!) and I made it into an artistamp.  I also made a collage of Gagarin's achievements for the front of the postcard.  They are mostly the same but a little different from time to time. ;)

Bonjour Space People!

I sent my contributions into Space last Tuesday or Wednesday via the French La Poste Space Satellite, and they should reach you soon...hopefully on or by the 12th.

Regards, Mission Control

As reported earlier ... contribution received from Mission Control last week (impressive travel!;-)

Apollo 2 Commander

(lift off from the USA was last Thursday)

Shuttle ships and other UFOs have arrived at GrecoSpace Center from:

Valentine (x2: initial reminder and blue Gagarin)

David..."KABOOM!"

Carla Cryptic

Diane Keys

Louise Kiner

Thank you all, over and out!

5...4...3...2...1...ZERO!

We made it in to Space fellow Cosmonaut('te)s and Astronaut(te)s!

Enjoy the coming days, weeks and months soaring above our Earth.

Thanks to you ALL for participating with so much enthusiasm in this Mission.

And a Big Thanks to Sputnik Kapitein Valentin Dolgov who suggested it.

Over and Out  (for the last time?)

Mission Control

Sorry Mission Control, but you must remain at your post (pun!)

4 unaccounted space crafts have yet to land. Actually, Mim and Steve verify that they sent their mail art today for the April 12, 2011 postmark. Very ingenious!... and perhaps Valentin in Russia, also? MyLifeAsACollage? Any communications and whereabouts of orbiting orbs?

It has been an excellent mailing experience, and many thanks for the great art work! Like Nikki, I am considering constructing a "boekie" to contain all the beautiful Space Art!

Also, please  go to Space Archives and scan Space mailing received

so we may have a good documentation for NASA, and X-Files! And future generations to come!

I have received 7 and that includes the one I sent to myself!  So hope of hopes that my

'book' log of names gets filled in.

Made a trip out to do to find the rings to hold the book together and also to find a newspaper

article to use as collage for my book cover.  I found ONE article inside my big city paper!

However, when I just signed online I found this:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/12/50-years-later-cosmonaut-yuri-gag... 

which I will print out and link to my Facebook profile.

Excited about putting these together and will scan to the archives when possible.  

Apollo 2 Commander ... Nikki S.

Greetings to the Greeek Space Station: Steve (Tandy) of the British Space Station was planning to launch ON the 12th, and as fara as I know his count down was on schedule. Regards, Mission Control.

and as to matters back here on Earth and while I (might) have your rapt attention,

Val ... did you see the note re the card you sent to me?

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service