Rat Mail invites artists to create mail art to be exhibited on the theme of Cyborgs and Posthuman Culture to be exhibited January 2nd - 31st, 2013 at
Arnica Artist Run Centre Old Courthouse Arts Centre 7 Seymour St W Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 1E4
What is a cyborg?
From Fritz Lang’s Metropolis, to the Bionic Woman, to the female cylons in the new Battlestar Galactica.... How are cyborgs portrayed in pop culture?
What is the current state of human-technology symbiosis? What does it mean to be a cyborg like “Eyeborg”, Rob Spence (prosthetic-camera-eye implant)?
What is like being a real-life human cyborg?
Requirements for submissions to participate in this exhibition:
• All submissions must relate to the theme
• Format – All types of media are encouraged so long as it can be sent through regular mail
• Size – all formats are welcome
• Please include – Name, Address, Email
• Note – This exhibition is not juried and no fees are required
• Email email@example.com gallery installation/display specifications
Deadline for submission is December 21st, 2012
Submissions should be sent by postal mail to:
Rat Mail / Marnie Blair
V1S 1T1, Canada
image: David Suárez González