Time: September 22, 2014 at 6pm to November 12, 2014 at 11:45pm
Location: Q Gallery, Franklin Arts Center
Street: 1001 Kingwood St, Suite 226
Website or Map: http://crossingarts.org/pages…
Event Type: mail, art, exhibition/call, for
Organized By: M. Nelson
Latest Activity: Oct 3, 2014
CORRESPONDENCE | An International Mail Art Exhibition
The Crossing Arts Alliance presents its upcoming exhibition, "CORRESPONDENCE", an international mail art exhibition, and invites artists from all over the world to participate. This exhibition is open to everyone, all ages and skill levels, and has an open theme, allowing artists to express their creativity and ideas to the fullest extent. This exhibition will be on display in the Q Gallery, in the Franklin Arts Center.
DEADLINE - November 12, 2014 (All Mail Art submissions must arrive by this date)
EXHIBITION - November 21 - December 19, 2014
The Following Are All Accepted Mail Art Submission Formats -
- Artwork created on a heavy card stock paper, in the size of a standard postcard - 4 x 6 or 5 x 7
- Artwork in any size, that can be folded down or slid to fit into an envelope of any size.
- Artwork/Objects/3D forms of any kind that can be sent through the mail unwrapped with a label and postage attached to the item.
- All mediums will be accepted (mixed media/collage, painting, drawing, text/poetry, printmaking, photography, digital art, sculptural objects, etc.)
- Artists are encouraged to use the envelope or various packaging as an art surface for design and creativity, either on its own or in addition to the artwork that is inside it.
- Unlimited entries (Artists are encouraged to send as many mail art pieces as they would like.)
- NO ENTRY FEE, NO JURY, NO RETURNS
- ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE MAIL WILL BE EXHIBITED
Please include your NAME, ADDRESS/COUNTRY, and EMAIL on the back of your artwork.
SEND MAIL ART TO
1001 Kingwood St, Suite 226
Brainerd, MN 56401