Oh yeah, the living is easy. Catfish jumping, cotton high. Pols sweating bullets all over the place. Dodging 'em can be tuff. Load up the car and hit the road jack. Send pals postcards from the Paradise Motel saying “Wish you were here!” Ditch the cell tho. It doesn't do privacy...
1) “Purring Tranquility” in the Scenic South of Bessemer, Alabama.
2) “Welcome to Walt Disney World.” What would Summer be without a drop-in on Disney, the “Vacation Kingdom of the World”?
3) Tomorrow Land at Disney World: “Welcome to the Future”. Or is it the past?
4) Just 'cause it's hot and gritty, don't skip New York City! "Luscious" Lana Turner and “Mob gorilla” Johnny Stompanato do Rockefeller Center Plaza.
5) In upstate New York, famous folks can be spotted at Niagara Falls. But you gotta look fast before they disappear...
6) Paleface Mountain Inn, Jay, New York; yet another great place for people watching. How many pale faces can you spot? Winner gets an all-expenses paid trip to Albany!
7) The State Capital, Historic Albany, New York circa 2007. No matter how hot things got, Governor Eliot Spitzer always kept his socks on. And though his “Steam Roller” temper was legendary, historians say Eliot/Elliott never erupted over his misspelled name on the Capital's most iconic postcard.
8) All aboard the Union Pacific Railroad! Claim a seat in the Astra Dome Observation Car and bring on the non-stop booze. Take in the “mystic and romantic light from the star-studded canopy” while the cat up front blows an ode...
9) The Big Texan on I-40 East says “Exit Now”. Steak for 99 cents-- an offer that can't be refused.
10) Meanwhile, back in the heart of Dixie, North Carolina's state bird spots an angel amongst the magnolias.
11) One last reminder re that cell...
The series so far:
200 Postcards/Got Mail Art: Famous Faces, Strange Places
200 Postcards/Got Mail Art: Incoming! Incoming!
Spring a Ding Ding, Eight from the Gate
Mail Art Confidential Part 2: Extreme Sports
Mail Art Confidential Part One
© 2023 Created by Ruud Janssen. Powered by
You need to be a member of International Union of Mail-Artists to add comments!
Join International Union of Mail-Artists