Saviors, celebs, and monsters ride the Snail. Therein lies the tale. Yippee-ki-yay! Mofo or no, they go with the flow...
1) Christ and Pol Pot in Desert w. touch of El Topo. Highway 84 between Phoenix and Tucson.
2) Frieda Kahlo by TicTac. Geisha rising from Lake Mead, largest reservoir in the US-- straddling Nevada and Arizona.
3) Mao Zedong say wha?? Revolution isn't a Pu Pu Platter. China City Restaurant-- quaint, exotic, and air conditioned. Florida, possibly Saint Petersburg.
4) Going to a Go Go with Mail Art and iconic dervish. Silver Springs, Florida. “Nature's Underwater Fairyland”.
5) Skeletons and Ocotillo. Indigenous to the Sonoran Desert in Southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico.
6) Christ and Saturn in Ballroom w. touch of Louis XV. Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Palm Beach, Florida. Flagler was Dad to Miami and Standard Oil. Monopoly anyone?
7) Mao Zedong and Skull Pez. United Nations, New York City
8) Back to the Desert, Varieties of Cactus. Some less prickly than others.
9) Greetings from the Mohawk Bingo Palace, St. Regis Reservation, Hogansburg, New York.
10) Riding the Ridge in Hunter, New York. Catskill Mountains. Corn high, Eye in the Sky...
The series so far:
200 Postcards/Got Mail Art: Incoming! Incoming!
Spring a Ding Ding, Eight from the Gate
Mail Art Confidential Part 2: Extreme Sports
Mail Art Confidential Part One
Five More for the Road
200 Postcards/Got Mail Art?
© 2023 Created by Ruud Janssen. Powered by
You need to be a member of International Union of Mail-Artists to add comments!
Join International Union of Mail-Artists