In this group there will be further details in connection to the book that currently is being developed. The list of Authors as it grows, the specifation of the details, deadline, etc.
Deadline is now set: End December 2011
Length of article: 3000-5000 words max (could be shorter on specific themes)
In the subject list taken means that someone is writing an article. Some negotiating about themes will be added to the list. So it will be updated as the deadline approaches
send reactions straight to email@example.com
Already many reactions from writers for the new publication. The deadline for submissions in November 1st 2011. Besides a text / article I also need a short Bio of the author which will be included in the book.
Subjects I am looking for / Authors searched who can write about this:
1. Which way is Mail-Art heading?
2. What is the position of IUOMA in the Mail-Art network?
3. The unwritten rules in Mail-Art
4. The global history of Mail-Art
5. Mail-Art and Art (taken)
6. Digital communication and Mail-Art (taken)
7. Article about a project run on the IUOMA @ NING platform (one is ready, more is welcome)
8. The connection of Mail-Art with Fluxus and DaDa (taken)
9. The enonomy of a Gift (taken)
10. Empowering women and other underrepresented communities through mail art (taken)
11. The history of IUOMA (taken)
(more to follow)
Just a rough idea of directions the book will be heading in.
If you have any suggestions of topics that should be included, just let me know.
If you want to be an author or you want to suggest an author: please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also welcome would be special designs for the cover of the book.
Since the last years a lot has been generated I might choose from that as well and contact the maker of a specific image. It need to be high resolution though.
This book will come out beginning of 2013 when the IUOMA is 25 years old. A previous book can be ordered at: