Bonjour boys and girls!

Angie and Snooky told us yesterday that:

"This year July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This apparently happens once every 823 years."

I propose that we celebrate it with a Postal History Boutique Special Mailing in July.

The theme is FIVE (or vijf, viisi, cinq, funf, cinque, fem, piec, cinco, etc)

There are 5 rules to this Mailing:

1. You must mail on Tuesday 5th July

2. On a pentagram shaped card (or on a pentagram superimposed on the front of an envelope)

3. Your piece must have a 5-theme (see below). You have to tell the Mailing List Co-ordinator (Guess who? Yes, me) what your 5-theme) is going to be

4. It must include at least one 5-cent (or local currency equivalent) postage stamp. [If a 5-cent stamp is unavailable, then a 15, 25, 35 etc stamp is acceptable, as long as it has a 5 in it.]

5. Er, I don't have a 5th rule yet...any ideas, gang?

Possible 5-themes are:

* Renault 5

* Chanel No 5

* 5 senses

* Take 5

* 5 wounds of Jesus

* 5 Olympic Circles

* The Famous Five

* 5 books of Moses

* High 5

* etc, including of course any other(s) that you care to choose.

Please let me know -- with your full mailing address, and the 5-theme you have chosen -- if you would like to participate in this once-in-a -823-year-occasion mailing* .

Regards, Val

* Regretfully, the Postal History Boutique cannot commit at this moment in time (ie now) to organise another mailing on this theme in 2834

Views: 291

Replies to This Discussion

OK, My 5 theme is going to be five 5 themes, which are:

I.      Take Five, maybe the greatest jazz song of all time

II.      Hawaii Five O, maybe the greatest TV theme song of all time.

III.      Jackson Five, maybe the greatest family band of all time.

IV.      Beethoven’s fifth symphony, maybe the greatest symphony of all time. 

V.      Marron Five, crap American Band with one hit. (Well you can’t win them all!)

I call my card 5 X 5 which I hope is different than 4 x 4 + 1

ΚΑΛΟ ΜΗΝΑ! Happt New Month! It is Hi-5 July!!!!

The deadline, yesterday, for signing up for the "5" mailing is done...so

dear Angie and Val, we are 8? I have  cards to send out on Tuesday...

ready, set, GO:

Steve Tandy,

Jen Staggs

Angie Cope

Katerina Nikoltsou

Lisa Iversen

Louise Kiner

Valentine Mark herman

AND Dean Marks?

HAPPY New Month: July!

and the name is Nikoltsou ;-)

(Where is that spelling chick when ya want her???)

July 5! Big Five Day today! My 5-Olympic Circles are in today's mail and on their way to you dear people. They were sent at my seaside resort village post office, so let's see how long it takes snail mail from here to reach ya awl. I am hoping before the month of July ends? Hi Five to you all!

Done!!  Just mailed the bunch.  Unfortunately, I just found an "F" sticker that fell off someone's card, so to the sad person who gets an "ive" card, I've got your F right here.

Yup, I just said that.

I mailed my Fives this morning!

Best wishes to you all from Val in the UK

Dean Mark's super "5" pentagon card arrived on July 7!, mailed July 5...that is FAST European postal delivery.Thank you, Dean, 'tis amazing!!!

And I see that we are NOT posting images until maybe everyone gets their cards???? Well, here's a non-revealing detail of Dean's postmark and personal stamping:

HI, I received my 5 Olympic Circles and sand paper from Katerina yesterday.  Very fast indeed.  I guess the sand paper helped with a smooth delivery!  Thank you.  Dean

hee, heee,heee...smooth delivery! Glad it arrived, Dean! Your "Pentagon" is great, it arrived within 36 hours! Me thinks it is the quick European Union mail service to and from Greece (keep the bailout money, checks, financial support coming ;-)

Could this be from Lisa? Skybridge Studio? No name no return address...but 5 Life Savers

Yay! It made it!  I got that coin on vacation- a great little treasure from Spain or Greece or Italy.  (did you notice the five-sided card? Subtle, huh?)
I love that Katerina makes stamps for specific art calls.  It makes her work all the more personalized and unique!

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service