What are your thoughts about this project? Would be interesting to know what you think. Do you participate. Since when, How much times. Do you know the concept? Will also try to publish a few samples here (or others can help me with that)

Tags: Brain, Cell, Cohen, Japan, Mail-Art, Project, Ryosuke

Views: 2784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got one of these and didn't realise that it was part of a much huger project! I'm honoured to have this on my REAL wall

why this ? if you read wwwRyosuke : a mailart exchange he talk about !

Ryosuke at the VEC, 2007.
I have a huge collection of Ryosuke's Brain Cells

Wow! Thank you, Ruud, for posting Brain Cell #1. that is amazing!
And here I have the most recent one sent to me: Brain Cell #746!
And I finally made the list, well, ok, as "Niklotsov", but that is not too unusual.
I do feel honored to be with "Macky stuff", however :)

Thank you,Ruud, for posting Brain Cell #1! Amazing...so many, so many years, so many artists!
Here is a detail of the recent one I got in the mail: Brain Cell #746!
(There is WackyStuff!)
I've got 5 Brain Cell received for my mailart calls... Can I pass them to somebody or use it into my works ? Maybe it's interesting to keep them into my private collection... I'm excited to participate to this wonderful project, so I'm going to make stamps!!!
Certainly, You must keep them! Otherwise God of Mail Art will not love You!
Hello Gik
I'm afraid !!!! It was just different thoughts... So, my 5 Brain Cell will stay with me !!!!
I'll make message with pictures of them...
I've seen and I think it's a good idea !!! and just a little prayer to the God of Mail-Art to stay in his heart will be enough...
meeting ryosuke once in san francisco was a real pleasure. and my collection of brain cells is one of the highlights of my mail art collection.
Greeting Ruud
Ryosuke is and has long been one of the pillars of the mail art world. His Brain Cell project was one of the best.
I had the pleasure of performing with Shozo, Ryosuke, T Patrick and others at Artists television Access Gallery in San Francisco in 1987. Then on Christmas 2003 I was reacquainted wit Ryosuke at John Held Jr.'s pad in SF. RC sketched my profileand later sent a silhouette portrait of me that I treasure. Hats off to his great soul.
RAY man aka Stephen Ronan, Ammunition Press, etc.

I received today my beautiful first Brain Cell is nr. 748.
Seeing it, holding it in my hands it was when I realised how exciting the whole concept is...in its simplicity carries a huge clever idea and a metaphor.
Many of you are here...nice! Gik Jury too..

cheers
Patrizia

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service