Hal McGee presents --
a special microcassette audio mail art project -
THE MUSEUM OF MICROCASSETTE ART!
Anyone and everyone who owns a microcassette recorder can participate
in this special project that celebrates the highly personal audio art form, the microcassette!
MOMA PROJECT DEADLINE:
I will not accept any contributions to the MOMA project after December 31, 2013.
- Message me and tell me your postal address at my email address - email@example.com
- I will mail to you one 30-minute microcassette.
- Fill up the microcassette with absolutely any sounds that you want but please make it exclusive to this project - use your imagination!
- Decorate the tape, its case and the insert in any way that you want.
- Mail the recorded microcassette, its case and insert back to me.
- I will publish the audio from your microcassette and pictures of its cover art in a special online collection.
- I will collect, archive and catalog all microcassettes received and will proudly display them in my home.
Please do not send a microcassette that contains racist or homophobic sounds or images.
Tell your friends who might be interested in participating.
Be sure to use the 2.4CM tape speed setting on your recorder!
BEFORE YOU WRITE TO ME AND REQUEST PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOUR RECORDER IS IN WORKING CONDITION. IF YOU DO NOT YET HAVE A MICROCASSETTE RECORDER, PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST PARTICIPATION UNTIL YOU HAVE ACQUIRED A RECORDER.
I have created a special section on my website where I will add information about the submissions and releases, post photos, links to online audio, and other info relevant to the project. Please bookmark it and check back:
We already have 48 MOMA albums online. Join the fun!