Open Call for Mail Art
Deadline: All submissions must by received by Friday, August 10, 2018
This is an open call for submissions of all forms of mail art for the First Annual Mail Art “Trade Show” at Red Garage Studio, an alternative gallery space in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
Any analog media, any format. Postcards, artist stamps, ATC’s, decorated envelopes, pop-ups, collages, whatever you can get here through USPS. Everything received that relates to the stated theme and accords to the guidelines outlined in the full call will be exhibited. Go wild!
The in-person exhibition will run September 7-16, with online documentation available for viewing through the Red Garage Studio website and/or Facebook page from late September through the end of the year.
There are no fees, no jury, and no return of work. However, if you include $3 to cover mailing costs, another artist’s submission (chosen at random) will be sent to you at the end of the show! Participating in the exchange aspect of this call is not required, but a fun way to trade and receive original artworks!
• Pretty much anything goes as far as format and media, as long as it is original, handmade work relating to the stated theme of “Escape.” No photocopies or digital work.
• Must arrive by USPS.
• Artists may submit more than one mail artwork, but each must be mailed and received separately.
• Red Garage Studio welcomes art that is challenging and provocative, however no work that promotes racist, misogynistic, homophobic, or otherwise hateful messages will be included in any shows here.
How to submit:
• All entrants must provide (clearly written) your name and email address.*
• If you would like to participate in the exchange aspect of this show include your mailing address* as well.
• If you would like to include a website, IG account, etc that you would like to share with the public, let us know that too.
• All this information can be included in your mail art envelope or if you are sending a postcard, email the information to us, clearly identifying which piece you are referring to.
All submissions should be mailed to the following address:
Allison Ruby/Red Garage Studio
3640 Garfield Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55409
You will receive a confirmation email when your work arrives.
How to participate in the exchange aspect:
• If you submit a piece to this show and would like another artist’s work in return, please include (clearly written!) your mailing address plus $3 to to cover costs.
• A piece will be chosen at random and mailed to you sometime in late September or early October.
• If you submit multiple pieces to the exchange, each must be mailed separately with its own $3.
how do we ESCAPE the guidelines?
i will send something soon>>>>>>>
carl baker, iouma.
Aw, they aren’t so bad!
Looking forward to seeing your take!