I'm very excited to announce this Egg project 2nd time now. After the success last year I would be pretty pleased to receive such a large number of works this year too, I'll do my best to reply each and every one of you!
Topic: ’egg’ as a shape, form, pattern, silhouette
I expect any mails, postcards, etc. where the egg is represented on the paper’s surface.
Project time: 10 January 2013 – 31 March 2013
- Every art-piece has to be sent via post.
- No techical limitations: you can use pen or pencil, dye or chalk, B/W or colour, graphics, montage, collage, photo, etc. You can even create it in 3D.
- Each and every submitted and received art-piece will be exhibited in the Zsolnay Cultural Quarter in Pécs, Hungary during Easter time.
- All art-pieces will be scanned and uploaded to my webpage (http://evamosonyi.wordpress.com).
- Similarily to last year, the entire collection will be donated to the Budapest Stamp Museum where you can find the most stamps in the world. Since they just established their mail art section therefore these mails and postcards will be kept for the after-world and can be seen any time during opening hours.
19 Hegyalja Street
Many thanks in advance and I'm looking forward of your beautiful works!
Actually egg-painting is my oldest hobby. This is a folk-tradition in Hungary that young ladies paint eggs during Easter time and give these to boys/men who visit them on Easter Monday morning to greet them. This symbolises fertility and could also mean that they like each other. Here are some photos of my masterpieces:)
Beautiful eggs, tank's.
I take this picture to my collect.
I was very excited to see this project!
My father is from Pécs and I still have many family members there.
My eggs are one their way! Good luck with everything - I so wish I could be there
to see the exhibit in person!
- Dre (Crisispanty)
I'm waiting Your Egg! We have a Chocoltae Store in Zsolnay Negyed, when the exhibition will. So come there and we will meet.