VINTAGE-STYLE seems to be a popular theme in the mail art world. It's always fun to get mail that is made with vintage ephemera or vintage inspired paper and embellishments.
Sometimes we need a little inspiration to make decorative mail art pieces. In those moments it is useful to have books to motivate us.
To follow is a list of books, from my personal library, that may spark your vintage creativity.
- Balchin, Judy, and Judy Balchin. Vintage Cards to Make and Treasure. Tunbridge Wells: Search, 2011.
- Carroll, Shari. Layers: Inspired Collage for Paper Projects with Meaning. Avon: F+W Media, 2009.
- Corba, Anna. Vintage Paper Crafts. New York: Sterling, 2008.
- Eads, Alison. The Artful Card. Cincinnati (Ohio): North Light Books, 2005.
- Evertson, Sandra. Fanciful Paper Projects: Creating Your Own Posh Little Follies. New York: Sterling Pub, 2005.
- Gynther, Elsebeth, and Christine Clemmensen. Scraps: An Inspirational Field Guide to Collage. New York: Lark, 2010.
- Hagerty, Taylor. Vintage Pop-Up Cards: Making Your Own Timeless Treasures. New York: Lark Books, 2007.
- Hellmuth, Claudine. Collage Discovery Workshop: Make Your Own Creations Using Vintage Photos, Found Objects and Ephemera. Cincinnati, Ohio: North Light, 2004.
- Holtz, Tim. A Compendium of Curiosities. Jacksonville, FL: Advantus Corp, 2010.
- Koch, Maryjo, and Carolyn Miller. Vintage Collage Journals: Journaling with Antique Ephemera. Beverly, Mass: Quarry Books, 2009.
- Nugent, Kim Rae. Interactive Art Workshop: Set Your Mixed Media in Motion. Cincinnati, Ohio: North Light Books, 2008.
- Pace, Lisa M. Delight in the Details: 40+ Techniques for Charming Embellishments and Accents. Cincinnati: F+W Media, 2011.
- Santiago, Kimberly. Collage Playground: A Fresh Approach to Creating Mixed-Media Art. Cincinnati, Ohio: North Light Books, 2010.
- Taylor, Terry. Altered Art. Lark Books, 2004.
Visit WWW.WORLDCAT.ORG to find these titles in a library near you. If you are interested in purchasing a secondhand copy of a title, WORLDCAT provides links to online booksellers (AbeBooks, Amazon, B&N).
By: Jayne Barket Lyons, Updated: 09-07-19