Time: June 1, 2016 at 6pm to October 1, 2016 at 7pm
Street: CONRERIA 3
Website or Map: https://artmigracions.wordpre…
Event Type: mail, art, exhibition
Organized By: art migracions
Latest Activity: Aug 13, 2016
This is an international call for using the MAILING ART, expressed through the visual arts, a cry to the current crisis of refugees.
Many artists throughout history have left their position to outrageous historical events that have become a universal icon for reporting facts and unjustifiable example of future (e.g. Picasso and Guernica) and which will endure and multiply always in memory of shame.
The proposal is to shape a strong response to the treatment of refugees and migrants’ wars at the gates of powerful and wealthy continents. We encourage all artists to participate in this project, it may not be so easy for everyone to achieve that visual impact, but certainly yes, together, we can join in a huge wall where we’ll be able to do it.
In that stream, artistically, I strongly invite you to join with your work.
The guidelines to follow are:
· Exclusive and Original. 1 work by artist.
· 10x15 cm. (Portrait or landscape) 1 FACE. No signature on the work.
· Sign and indicate on the back "Work title" name, country and / or community, web / portfolio and contact email to receive data from the buyer.
· All postcards received will be published and exhibited, the image and the title of the work will be published when received and the author's information when sold.
· All works will be sold for the same amount 20€. Everything collected will be given to NGOs involved in the project "MIGRATION".
· Deadline for submitting the work: October 1, 2016.
· All disciplines are valid: drawing, painting, photography, collage, poetry ...
· The first 72 entries received will be exhibited immediately in the "showcase" of NAUART.
· All the works received will be exhibited from October 20 to November 28 in BARCELONETA CIVIC CENTRE, as part of the exhibition "Migrations" featuring the participation of 30 artists from different countries, exhibition, performances, video, music, lectures and discussions also involving NGOs.
· Exhibition open to "migrate" to other cities, places or countries.
Collectors can benefit from the purchase of original works, postcard size paper, of established and emerging artists. The first come first served, each piece is exhibited anonymously, and the artist's identity is revealed only after the work is purchased. The full amount goes to NGOs involved in this project.
Other details: Carefully pack the work. Recommended: work to be wrapped in waxed paper and between cardboard. Do not wrap wet or sticky work. Do not send charcoal, pastel or drawings that are not well established. You can also directly send the work as a postcard.
Send the work:
CIVIC CENTRE BARCELONETA
MAILING ART 2016
C / Conreria, 1. 08003 BARCELONA.