UGH! This week the price of postage has risen by almost a dollar to send International post. Until now we've had a $1.70 price for postcards and 'card only' post. That no longer exists. Any mail being sent from AUS internationally will now cost $2.60.

sheesh%$#@!

If anyone has any unfranked Aussie stamps that they'd like to send me, it would be most appreciated. (For my stamp collection, of course. )

Thanks.

Views: 1206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I always send envelopes now, I feel as though I'm getting my money's worth if I stuff an envelope full to 50g. I even bought some little scales for my studio! If only we could get the concession stamps for overseas posting instead of just for local mail...

At last, some good news from Britain. The latest round of price rises abolished the 10g postcard step so the cheapest international rate outside Europe was £1.28. Now they have announced (but not very loudly) that there was a mistake in the price list (as usual, blame the printer not yourself) and there is still a ten gram rate, which takes the price back down to 97 pence for anywhere in the world.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service