Did you ever receive spam by snail mail?

I did - and so far I think it funny that somewhere in the world people take their time to write/print a letter, pay for postage and then send it blind to an unknown receiver.

Above you see a picture of an envelope, containing an advertisement booklet. Addressed 'to the purchasing department', even though the receiver / owner of this postbox is only one person (me), too small to keep separate departments.

One other spam snail mail was a letter, accompanied by a photo of an unknown handsome lady, from Ghana in which the author wrote she (?) wanted to get to know me better and maybe marry (?).

An other spam snail mail contained a page full of dating advertisements, and some address to which we could send some money or so. As if the senders don't know that our dear IUOMA site already is the best place to connect! (connect with colleague mail artists, by sending mail art of course, not money). 

Looking forward to knowing what unsolicited snail mail the postmen brought to you! Or, in case you are no lucky receiver of unwanted mail: what kind of spam would you like to find in your snail-mailbox?

Tags: snail mail, spam

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

For the moment I am not interested in marrying any woman from Ghana. But in the future, who knows? ;)

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service