When Joel Cohen (aka The Sticker Dude) was in the SF Bay Area recently...

When Joel and his wife Diane were visiting the Bay Area a few weeks ago, a bunch of us mail artists got together for a meal at Q in San Francisco. John Held Jr. and his wife Jane (aka Mad Dawg) were there on their way out of town on a road trip to Oregon and points North. Jennie Hinchcliff (aka Red Letter Day) was there as was Diana Mars (aka AutoBio). Also there for the fun were Mike Dickau and his wife Caroline! Joel's longtime friend Jerry (sp?) was also there and he regaled us with jokes. :D

While we were at Q, we traded various artistamps, chapbooks, and addresses - talked about mail art - and decorated envelopes which Joel took along with him on the rest of his journey.

Joel and I serenaded our friends and the rest of the restaurant's occupants (to the amusement of the very kind restaurant staff) and you can see a video (taken on my iPod Nano no less!) of this on YouTube if you click on this link.

There will be more photos and videos as they are processed and uploaded!

Wish you all could have been there. :D

Carla

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

BTW, we met at Q on June 30th (2010), a Wednesday. On that Friday, July 2nd, Joel joined me on my weekly internet tv show at Ustream. We had so much fun! So, if you are interested and have the time, come by and listen to us singing and playing together and playing around with CamTwist live! You can find the archived video at this link.
This sounds like so much fun, wish I could have been there. I'm living vicariously. By the way, love my union rubber stamp Dude.
Cool Mim! :D

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-oct-2020.   If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2019   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service