I see people saying i swap "decos, artdecos,atc's,labels,slams,bags,fb,fs" i've been taught by word of mouth what art decos, decos, fs(friendship sheets),fb(friendship books) are now i just need to figure out what are slams, tags, labels, and bags what they are, how to make them, and what do u do with them?

Views: 104

Replies to This Discussion

in my opinion, those are things that are mainly used in the pen pal world and less so in the mail art world though some are similar to add and passes. a slam is a booklet that has a series of questions in it. it gets passed/sent around and each participant adds their own answer to them. there's also a version of a slam where you are to just sign a page if what is written on it is true for you (ie "been divorced", "have a sister", "been to nyc").  i think tags are just decorated tags(like a name tag or something), labels refers to address labels. bags refer to either a label bag or a goody bag. usually you put some of your labels in and when it's sent to the next person they will add some and take some out. the idea being you can make people decos or slams with the labels. goody bags function in the same way with stickers etc. but as a friend once said "it's just an excuse to get rid of all the ugly crap you don't want".

William M thank you so much for using your time to answer my question. I actually started laughing at the end of what you said!!! Some of the things received I just threw away and I will not name the site I was swapping on because I do not want to ruin it for those who do send well. Thank you for your answer that gave me a great laugh! Awesome!!!

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service