When the IUOMA was 20 years, the members managed to send in enough texts for a complete book. With the 25 year celebration, that wasn't that succesful. Too little materials.
Maybe a retry for 2018? Are there some authors amongst you who care to write about the state of the Mail-Art network in the new century
Already 11 articles are submitted and there is room for more.
So the book will be published, with or without you.
I aim at a book of 150-256 pages. Each author will have his short biography included. Deadline for submissions is September 2017, In October the book will be launched.
Some people ask about subjects to write on. Suggestions that are open:
1. Mail-Art in the age of Internet.
2. Is digital work also Mail-Art?
3. History of Mail-Art for someone who enters the network in this decade.
4. Mail-Art catalogues or websites?
5. Male dominance in the Mail-Art network?
6. Postal Tactical Gear: Enduring Political Storm
7. Mail Art Culinary Tips and Beauty Care
8. Non PC Postcards to Share with Friends and Family
9. Adventures of Sharpie: The Story Continues
10. Attention Grabbing Mail
11. Mail-Art on Wikipedia. Is the right story told?
12. What will happen to the Mail-Art Archives that mail-artists have built?
13. How to create a Mail-Art exhibition.
14. Will the new children ever exchange their tablet and smartphone for a postage stamp?
15. Is Mail-Art dead?
16. Mail-Artists working places. Overview based on the group online.
17. Choose your own special topic and/or subject.
I don't consider myself a write, though I write blog posts and my personal journal entries. I would like to contribute a personal essay about looking for a home for my archives. Would something like that be suitable? Nothing scholarly.
Hi Mim, yes, that would fit too....
Klaus Groh in Germany just moved his archive (because he had to move himself to a smaller place). He plans to write an article for the book too about his story. And I know these stories are fascinating (where does the mail-art go to after and what cosideration are there....).
So write this article Mim, will be an interesting thing to read for many!
Hi I don't know why I did not join before. It is a great idea. Will put pen to paper er, keyboard to internet, soon.
Or has it got to be on paper by snail mail?
texts in digital form are prefered. The book will be hardcopy though......
what is the title of the book ,when it is gonna be avaliabe and where
it good idea to add may be at resource link to highlighted digital mail art from the site forum and member
special art ,special exhibition or even special member,vetren or awarded person