...what do you do with them?

Every now and then a piece of ail art will come back to me with a notation such as Recipient has moved; or No such Address, or like that--it happens to everyone, right?

Well, what do you do with a card that you've sent someone and had it bounce back at you? Do you archive it? Keep it on your refrigerator door? Send it to someone else?

What I have done with the two most recent ones that bounced back was: I redid them slightly on the picture side, just added a little thing or two to make it different, then redid the address side thoroughly so the original non-recipient's not-an-address was covered, and put a fresh stamp on it to mail out to anotgher lucky person.

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go to the member's page (if she/he has one) and check if the address has changed. If not, I would do the same as you, I guess.

When this happened, I emailed the member to double check the address, which he verified, so the mailman must have made a mistake. I ended up sending that packet to someone else, but then sent the original guy a different packet which reached its destination OK. 

I've only gotten 2 back. I got out my flat white paint and covered the written side and did another collage on it, It will go to someone in the future in a handmade envelope.

Once an envelope was returned though the address was correct. I wrote "this address does exist", sent it again and it was delivered.

I’ve repurposed it into other mail projects or into my journals. 

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service