.Formerly arac'n'kram who "were looking after this site while Vizma has gone walkabout. We look forward to when Viz re-emerges in NY & meets arac. Until then let's keep the show on the road, folksl"

She's back. And so is the Viz'n'Val roadshow.

Views: 2769

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, but we should have occasional Artistic Gorilla Raids elsewhere;

King Kong

Oh Vara! You are too hilarious! That 2nd paragraph had me LAUGHING! All those V names!! Vangie and Vooky! Vaterina! Ha! I think we should call our "Danny" noVear, as he is no vear to be seen. I'm not impressed that he ran away from us to greener pastures before he could carve my rubber stamp. You were lucky Vara, you got yours in time.

Hey we can have lots of Angels, at least 6 because they kept changing them, and then there were Drew Barrymore's Angels, they can be newbies if we find some young blood to join us!

Oh I just looked up at Vaterina's wine and cheese and now I'm so hungry.

The Vees, yes Val, there are PLENTY of Vs Zs and Ss in Latvian. Not a great language to speak if you lithp.

Say hello to Vianca and Vrouble.

And the gorilla raids sound fun...we'll have to synchronise our Angels' Watches and choose our prey and attack all at once! You can be an Angel too Val,cos nobody knows who Charlie is.

Now I need to pounce on some food!

Kelly, signing off. Or Velly?????

velly funny!

Why don't they have lots of phones in China? Cos someone might Wing the Wong number!

Ha ha!

Bonjour all you V's!

Does the Latvian language use lots of 'V's?

I will now tell you about the Great Scrabble Factory in the Sky and the History of European languages.

Once upon a time, many years ago  -- and way before the Big Mac became seperated from the iMac and way before the iMac got seperated from the Plastic MacIntosh --  there was a Great Scrabble Factory in the Sky. It made Scrabble games, of course -- boards, racks and, most importantly, letters.

One day there was an accident and the whole thing blew up. All the letters were scattered by the prevailing winds over what is now Europe. They did not fall randomly across the continent. Finland got all the 'K's'. France got all the letters which had accents on them. Germany got all the oomlauts.The contents of the Unfinished Letters Vat ended up in Russia, which is why the country still uses a different script. The UK got all the 'T's (which is why tea is the national drink). Etc.

I don't know where all the 'V's ended up. LatVia?

I try and avoid Blogs, cos I ain't got the time, nor really the interest. It's hard enough keeping up with y'all, making a full scale model of the Eiffet Tower out of matchsticks, going to the bar, heping out with the Greek economy (I biught some feta cheese yesterday), going to the bar again, looking after the cats, and so on and so forth, that i really must stay away from this wretched computer.

Which is why i will say goodbye, now.

Goodbye.

Val

PS, THANKS Arac, I will take a lok at them thar Blogs.

How do we know that you speak Latvian?

It could be an idle boast.

Your Number one Idol and Fan, Val

If I wanted to boast, Val, I'd say thet I'm fluent in 7 languages and look like Elle McPherson and am CEO of a billion dollar company and I invented ersatz diamonds. But that would just be showing off...or bending the truth. (bending and completely breaking actually!)

Angie, I only spoke Latvian until I was 5, then started to learn English at school (here in Oz) so it's not really that amazing that my English is so rooting amazing!!!!!

Being Hignorant, I wonder who Elle MacPherson is (I'm sure a photo of her will follow)? My daughter speaks 7 or more languages, and, fortunately for her, doesn't look much like me. Although she does resemble me socially, linguistically, intellectualy etc.

Did you see that they've found a 11.5+ mega-carrot pink diamond in WA? If you ever come across one on Waipinga Beach I'll look after it for you.

After all those years in Oz (well about 6 years from what I can work out) do you still speak Latvian?

I'm a little bit upset that Angie hasn't complimented me on my English. I haven't lived in England since 1 November 1977, but still manage to get by, sort of, er, um, if you know what I mean, like.

Val

You must be sleeping under a lot of rocks, Val, if you haven't heard of Elle. She's only been famous for 30 years.

What's this about you being a bachelor again and drinking until Easter? Haven't you had enough practice? You haven't told us about your household, just the cats - have you got a wife, husband, selection of rent boys/girls??  Drinking until Easter could be dangerous all by yourself unless you have a friend there to put a blanket on you when you fall asleep mid conversation, or hold back your locks while you vomit.

You really must take care of yourself Val.

Always thinking what's best for my mates,

Viz.

That bloody NoVear went AWOL without even sending me one mail art!! If you're reading this Vear I think you should send me a stack of glue sticks and pens and rubbers from your new job. Or your first pay cheque.

Hello Petals, Sweetheasrs, Ducks, Mates, Chucks etc (all NE England affectionate greetings),

Well I was enjoying being a bachelor, but then I had to come to the UK. As to my partner/marital status, let's jjust sya that I have my own very large harem. There are a few vacancies (ladies only, natch) for the occasional night when I'm available in September and December, so if you'd like to reserve a date just send a photo and a large cheque. Or a large photo and a Czech.

Elle isn't part of my harem -- at least I don't think she is, but with all those gals around it's hard to say. Perhaps that's why Vear has been quiet of late, I did ask him to check out the harem when he wasn't wotrking. (I also suggested that he'd done enough to rescue the US economy by now and should retire).

I don't seem to have been drinking all that much laterly, so must make iup on it.

NORMAL SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED, I HOPE, IN ABOUT 10 DAYS TIME.

LuVVaL

Good to hear from you Val. Glad to see that your sense of humour hasn't dwindled, nor has your spelling improved, same old Val.

I'm sure you'd know if Elle was in your harem, because she'd remind you of me, the accent and Aussieness of course. And Angie said she isn't as pretty as me, I like Angie's skewed perception/vision/imagination!!?

Anyways, looking forward to your return mate, cos VizandVal is going down the importance list without your frequent comments!!

Ey up chook. Is that NE England too?

Cheers dear.

Viz 

Hey Viz, if youre wondering why your red bag has become Today's Most Talked About Item, well I must admit that I'm to blame -- and it's am because you didn't accept my offer of a crayon this morning. Tee hee. Val

Crayon shmayon Val!

I like your scrabble story, reminds me of a tea towel I have at the bottom of the dirty laundry pile. Shall I wash it first and then photograph it, or shall I just photograph it all grubby? I'll have to see how grubby it really is, I don't want to frighten you.

Where have you been Val, with your rent boys? girls? wife? husband? Ahh, probably making some slidee arts.

Which is where I should be, except the tin roof in the studio makes things like scissors too hot to handle. Who's for an icy cold cider then?

Cheers.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service