There are already 5 books published about the IUOMA. In the new publication I need some serious texts that explain the current status of the Mail-Art network. If you are interested in writing about a specific subject or topic, let me know, and I will see if it fits in.  Texts can vary from 2 to 10 pages. Text: English.

Tags: Book, IUOMA, New

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

The first articles have arrived. There will be a short break in this project because of the summer vacation.
The first articles have come in. The book will be a surprise. There is still room for more articles about specific topics connected to the modern and old times of mail-art. If you have a suggestion, let me know.

Beste Ruud,

Also I see this item for the very first time now (and it's 4 days past 1st November, ay!..).

Are you still looking for articles? If so, what subjects are missing?
(and what's eventually the - new - deadline?)

My preferences - from the list you mentioned - to write about are:

1.  (a part of the old) history of mail art;

2.  Mail-Art and/versus Art

If these subjects already are taken and you still have 'blank pages', I could study upon any other sub-subject you wish (or brainstorm about additional subjects), and subsequently write an article about it.
Please send a message if you can use my writing, I'd like to do so.

I would like an article on 2 (Mail-Art versus Art.)

Would be very welcome and fits in I hope.

with best wishes,

Ruud

yes! What topic would you like to write about?
The book won't be ready this november. A new deadline is set at end december. SOme authors need some more time. Please be patient.
Yes, articles are still accepted. New deadline is end december 2011.

The goal of the book is to give others an idea of what the tole of IUOMA is and how it interacts with the Mail-Art network. Mail-Art has a long history and many aspects.

I think it is important that a lot of people write down their views since there never will be that 'one story' that tells what Mail-Art actually is. So many stories and documentations are needed.

Your help is appreciated. Consider this a book by the IUOMA members as well.

New deadline is end december 2011.

Hi Theresa Ann,

Yes, it is always interesting to read the 'history of mailart' from all kind of perspectives. When you would write about how you discoverd mail-art and IUOMA from your perperctive, that would make a great addition.

Ruud Janssen

ok. Send me a concept when you are able to......

Hi Theresa Ann,

If you're interested to know more about history: an interesting overview you can find here (posted by Ruud).
However, as Ruud already said, there is no 'one' history, there are many perspectives.

An other 'source' on history of mail art on this IUOMA site is the topic 'Mail Art, When did it begin?'. Althought in several sources the 60's (Ray Johnson's Correspondance School) are said to be the start of mail art, of course also in earlier times people sent mail art, or better, as Mark Bloch states in his 'A brief history of postal art': 'As long as there has been mail, there have been people embellishing it in various ways'.

I'm looking forward to read the final IUOMA book and also to know your experiences!
When I think of 'mail art' and 'writing', the first thing what comes in my mind is 'Visual Poetry', like for example I received once from Serse Luigetti, but there might be more ways. So I hope to read from you once the book will be ready!

when the texts and views are personal (even with links to related articles) that will be very valuable for a lot of readers!

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service