Mail artists with no mailing address.
Postal artists are weird. No more than any other peacocks who call themselves artists, that's for sure.
Some don't do shit, but use manufactured seals. Others make collages out of any shit that can be caught with glue.
There are those who calligraph and find it an art.
There are those who photocopy in series without knowing what the precept and ethics of multiple art are.
Please mail art is not the shit you send in the mail but the stuff you would like to receive in the mail.

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The basis of this discussion is what Luis said about some members of this portal hiding their email address. How can I send my collage to a new person if they have not given their postal address? However, people sometimes give their address in private messages via messenger, so it's not much of a problem.

Sometimes people ask me in private messages: Hi, what's your address? I give the address, it's easy.

At the same time, many of the panellists were "hooked" on other topics. I will allow myself to say a few words. Like Predrag, I don't much like receiving photocopies in envelopes, political leaflets, scribbles on a scrap of paper, hasty collage with no aesthetic message, or the prints are printed in large quantities. At the same time, we need to take Mail Art Martha's judgement seriously, if only because she has been involved in the Mail Art movement longer than us and understands its philosophical basis well. We are in a cultural space that has abandoned hierarchy, the system of competitive evaluations, and the monetary equivalent. Maybe it's worth stepping outside the boundaries of Mail Art once in a while to take a break from its glorious freedom and absolute equality. As long as we are inside the Mail Art, all we have to do is accept what is happening, interpreting it in the language of philosophy.

I remain committed to collage-meditation - through it I can share with you what is going on very deeply in my mind and feelings. 

THANK YOU ILYA!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-oct-2023. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2022   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service