Give us your statistics (or global numbers) if you know the size of your collection. If possible also give a number of the postcards, rubberstamps, catalogues, etc... you have in your collection

Tags: Archive, Numbers, Statistics

Views: 184

Replies to This Discussion

Between 8 and 10 cubic meters in total. 1000+ books and catalogues (on computer database) 1000+ cassettes and CDs (on analogue database), several thousand postcards and sheets of mail-art (on analogue database).
if i included the atc's i have traded for, somewhere around 200. i have collected hundreds of postcards in the last 20 years. i probably have around a hundred rubberstamps. currently,that's about it, but who knows what the future will bring.
The Cascadia Artpost archive is estimated to contain approximately 1,200 pieces of mail-art received since 2002. Since 31 March 2008 through 30 April 2009, we have received 288 pieces of mail.

In regard to rubber stamps, for the first time we have done a census and find currently 292 rubber stamps in the Cascadia Artpost postal drawers. A recent trip to Vancouver BC Canada added about 15 rubber stamps to the collection. When traveling, we like to seek out stationery and art stores that offer rubber stamps for sale.

~ Jack at Cascadia Artpost
I just spent the better part of the week trying to organize the archive - and after what seems like endless hours of resorting - i'm still not through all the mailart - and haven't yet started on catalogs, documentation, etc..... at this point : 186 add & pass, 212 files for individual artists - most containing more than one correspondence. some over a dozen ..... I'll be sorting most of the week, then I should have firmer numbers..... hoping to have all of it up for viewing at the Open Studio event in July ..... so Keep Sending !!!!
but for now ---- Back to the Stacks !!!! - Peace, - Keith
I received about 2.700 pig-mailart ( letters, postcards, stamps, door hangers.....)
The letters and the postcards etc...are in 32 big albums, and de 3D and door hangers on the walls and doors !

In 2013 Cascadia Artpost sent 1,518 pieces through the post and received 568. We have archives stored in sealed plastic rubberized containers in the dry basement of our home sorted by year or groups of years since 2004. A long-term project will be the cataloging and collection of artistamps received in a series of display binders.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service