There are not as many art journals circulating as there used to be, and I miss them.
I think people are nervous because they don't always make it back. You send the journal out, and you don't know if you'll ever see it again. It's understandable how that would ruffle people. Sometimes people put the journal away and forget, and other times the disappearance is more sinister. Either way, I'm going to take the chance. I'm looking at it from the perspective that it will be fun to see how many make it back, and how far those that don't make it, get.
One journal a month will be sent out into the world for a year. That's 12 journals, so I won't be able to babysit them. I would like people to check in here when they send and receive, so we can all watch the progress, and attempt to keep tabs on them.
They will each be numbered inside the front cover, so everyone will know which journal they have. Please post in this group when you send and receive, and anything else about the journal you would like to share.
A few notes to help keep things moving smoothly.
1. Only keep the journal for 2 weeks. If you need more time, contact me or post here, so we know what's going on.
2. Do not alter other artist's work, even if you don't share their views. That being said, do not use art as an excuse to be offensive.
3. Paint, draw, collage, whatever you want, but it must lay flat. The journals need to be able to close all the way, so they can be mailed easily.
4. When you've completed your pages you can send the journal on to the next person or return it to me, whichever you like. Please look inside the cover and let us know which journal you have when you post. They're all numbered.
5. If you are interested in participating, please let me know. I don't want to assume you want to participate just because you join the group. Sometimes people like to watch for a while.
6. Please let me know which journal you want to participate in. I don't want to assume everyone wants to participate in all the journals. There's going to be 12 in all; that's a lot of journals. Of course, you can participate in as many or few as you want.
Latest Activity: Aug 3
This group does not have any discussions yet.