Could someone post a how the Jams and Duos work on this group.  I have swapped Jams on another site for a long time and they are all three card jams where one person starts the set and sends to middle person who adds to set and then keeps one card and sends the other "homers" to the other respective artists.

Is that how you guys do things here?  I saw an old post that was talking about sending them to the original sender and that person making copies.  I was confused and want to make sure I understand the proper process.  

Also, I read some posts about people keeping up with jams by numbering them in a binder.  How does that work?  Do you just make a number when you send one out and put the cards in when it arrives back?  

Views: 180

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ramona, so it's the same idea as in other groups. If you're doing a duo, one person will make 2 starters identical and mail them to someone to complete usually identical, that person will keep one and return the other. If you're doing a trio, the second person will mail to a third artist to complete the jam, that person will keep one and send one to each person..

We DO NOT mail all 3 back to the person who started the jam..

As for keeping track with numbers, what I do now is number each set I start.. I don't number the ones I work on..  If that makes sense.. I don't know if others keep track but it's something I just started doing, I'm at 440 in 4 years of jamming. Lol

Hope that helps.. Hope I makes sense lol

Thanks Erin.  I think I understand.  Do you usually send a new set of starters when returning the finished cards or should that be a different envelope?

Erin's explanation is excellent, however, I don't feel the need to make my adds identical. They usually follow a sort-of theme, but each one is a little different.

We usually send a new starter with our completed jam, but it's totally up to you. For me it saves on postage to send all together  

One more question about posting photos of received mail.  Do you guys post both on your blog and in the group or just in the group or just on the blog? 

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service