I am holding two Arty Slide Exhibitions  in the Médiathèque de Sigean, France, later this year.

The first -- 'diaPOSITIVE ART' [the French for a slide] -- will be held from Friday 18 May to Saturday 2 June.

The opening of the Exhibition and the Vernissage will be on the evening of Friday the 18th. About 100 completed Arty Slide works will be shown at the start of the Exhibition, and visitors will be be confronted with about the same number of empty canvasses, with a message ‘Make your own diaPOSITIVE ART collage’). A large number of double and single slides, and different size blank canvasses, will be made available so that  people can make up their own works which will then be labelled and displayed.

A number of do-it-yourself Arty Slide ‘workshops’ or ‘ateliers’ will be held during the Exhibition.

The results of this first-phase Exhibition – both my collages and those produced at the workshops/ateliers will be displayed in the second exhibition -- 'Retour du diaPOSITIVE ART' [Return of the Arty Slide] -- that will take place from Friday 13th to Saturday 28th of July.

The format will be more or less the same as that in the first phase, again with workshops/ateliers, but will be on a bigger scale. Depending on how Arty Slides international develops in the coming months, it might be possible to include Arty Slide works of IUOMA colleagues. By the end of this second Exhibition I hope to have filled almost 200 small canvasses with Arty Slides.

Works produced before (by me, and by you subject to your agreement) or at (by visitors) the Exhibition will be offered for sale. There will be no fixed price, and visitors will be asked to make a bid (which will be placed in a sealed envelope) for any work(s) they might want to purchase. I may or may not accept their bids.

You are, of course, invited to the Exhibitions.

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

diaPositive Art! SLIDES!....must make a few more :-)

G!o for it Greek Arty Slides International President

Hi Janine! Very briefly: I don't know. I was thinking of inviting all the Group to contribute to my 2nd Exhibition in JUly. It depends how the 1st Exhibition goes. I'll sort this out when I've set up my existing canvases.

When I go back to France in about another week's time, I can get moving again: but not now.

Have you gotten all the National Presidents in yoru big Membership Table?

I don't have my own computer here, and everything is being done very quickly this morning: like this.

Hope you are well, Bestest, Val

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service