I´ll be making a Sand Book by the Paraná River, at Rosario´s public beach in May.

There´s a Perfomance meeting 5, 6 and 7 th May and I´ll be writting along the riverside all the words related to the shore.

I´m inviting you to write here all your ideas, thoughts and poetry about this to include it in my sandbook. You can also add images that I´ll print and set at the beach, or send postcards of you own shore....

Do someone want to make some Sandbook at the same time?

We can share photos and ideas. Let me know...

Tags: haptic, poetry, sandpo, tactile

Views: 639

Replies to This Discussion

I´ll send some postcards with this envelope (10 x 10 cm, a spoon of sand)... Do you think there will be any problem?

NO! Send NO SAND to Greece....it is "soil" and "sand" forbidden mail

(we have more than enough sand here anyway !)

Oh dear, don't upset Mother Earth with shifting sands all over the place

...she has enough headaches for the moment.

Stick with SANDPAPER for your mail art!

(It is not really "sand", now is it? Just "silicone"...probably old ground up glass)

OK... That´s good... I ask before sending, I don´t want to make a mess, there are enough by now.

Only share photos to see the concept... I´ll see how many coloured sandpapers can find, it´s a long time since I saw green or blue ones here.

...most commonly found in the Sahara Desert...and on my balcony when the wiinds blow from there!

Thank you, Herr Haptic Werewolf...so sandpaper is good for Sandpo and Sand Book WITHOUT sending sand! ;-)

By May, once I am out by the seaside shack, I had considered making my "sand paintings" and sending them in the mail. As the sand is glued down with UHU, and therefore "sealed" in chemical-synthetic-glue, perhaps that "sand" is not an eco-hazard? Although, for the grains of sand that flake off, I'm am sure the postal clerks/authorities will be upset! So, I will have to see about "sandpo" and just sandpaper...for safety to our global village.
I made some collagraphs using sand and sealling it with acrylic gesso, then use it to print. I works good, no sand in the paper... I`ll look for them, perhaps I can send you some. Only paper... with sand textures :D
Thanks Helen... It`s a printmaking technique (collagraph) and it works perfectly to me!!! I´ll be sending something to you soon, your envelope is ready to travel... ja, ja WITHOUT ANY SAND!!!
Wow!!! Argentine Mail is working good!!! I`m surprised it arrives to Germany so soon...
Thanks for uploading Erni...
Thank you Erni... Nice photos from your shore!!! I've been trying to make a little book with the ones I`d taken... finally I decided to make a flag book.
Attachments:
Nice Helen!!! Sounds great!!!

Cool Helen It looks great!!!! The project is going on!!! There will be wonderfull books in may!!!!

Thank you all for being so creative and enthusiastic!!!

SandPo is driving us a little crazy...

Sandkisses from the south!!!

Yay! Helen, good to hear that you got Erni's sand ( without customs putting you in environmental hazard jail)! And now I await your little "sand book"! Great idea...I shall make a few sandpo things too and send to you dear people. We can have a collection of them in-the-sand for our May-global-gathering! 

Marcela, your beauty: "white sandpo" and cards and other great things arrived in the mail today!

I shall scan and post soon. Thank you soooo much! It is amazingly subtle...all white, wonderful!

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service