In the Shadow of a Feather

(visual poetry by Cheryl Penn)

YOU are invited to contribute your VISUAL POETRY to a new COLLABORATIVE MAIL-ART BOOK PROJECT coordinated by Cheryl Penn (South Africa) and De Villo Sloan (USA) at the IUOMA.

Seeking: VISUAL POETRY (aka VISPO)

Maximum number of participants: 30

PROJECT COMPLETED: Last week of February (2012)

Theme: Create a visual poem or series of visual poems that are an homage or tribute to YOUR FAVORITE VISUAL ARTIST (sculptor, painter, collage artist – perhaps even another visual poet)

If you are not a member of the Collaborative Book group, please join if you want to contribute to the book. Leave a message in the comment stream expressing your interest in participating in the project.

FURTHER INFORMATION: Specifics about the project will be posted in the new group.

PARTICIPANTS - Edition #1

Victoria Barvenko (Russia)

Richard Canard (USA)

Alfonso Filieri (Italy)

Rebecca Guyver (Britain)

KDJ (USA)

Diane Keys (USA)

Susan Mortimer (Britain)

Katerina Nikoltsou (Greece)

Cheryl Penn (South Africa)

Bernd Reichert (Belgium)

De Villo Sloan (Introduction) (USA)

Matthew Stolte (USA)

Guido Vermeulen (Belgium)

Cleveland Wall (USA)

Janine Weiss-Vuille (Switzerland)

(0)

(0)

(0)

PARTICIPANTS - Edition #2

John M. Bennett (USA)

CT Chew (USA)

Angie Cope & Snooker the Amazing Mail-Art Dog (USA)

E (France)

Rosa Gravino (Argentina)

Samuel Montalvetti (Argentina)

Marcela Peral (USA)

Cheryl Penn (South Africa)

Svetlana Pesetskaya (Russia)

arao salamat (Philippines)

De Villo Sloan (Introduction) (USA)

Tic Tac (Germany)

Svenja Wahl (Germany)

New members

Cathey R. Bayless (Oakland, California, USA)

WAITING LIST: We encourage people who want to participate to add your name, even after we reach the 20 mark. Experience shows that the line-up is "in flux" at the beginning.

The book page format will be the same as for the Asemic collaborations (1-3) - 2 sheets folded A4 - ie 8 sides. You will need to make 20 copies and post to each person on the list - the addresses will be added to this discussion once we have got confirmation from all the participants. Again - these collaborations only work if everyone commits and endures! 

Views: 2398

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent! We're off to the races!

Sorry I will have to withdraw, can't do that many pages by the deadline, she sobbed loudly. Will go ahead and make it as a postcard instead and send you both a copy, Lorraine Kwan

Lorraine - thank you for letting us know this early in the project - it helps ALOT! Thank you for the postcard in the making :-) X

Hi Cheryl and De Villo,

What was I thinking? De Villo got me just as I had woken up! I don't even know what asemics and boekies and vizpoo are! I see that other members are really keen to join and I'm just getting an anxiety attack. Let them have my pozzy please!

If you don't mind I'd like to quietly back away from this project and slowly ease into this iuoma thing. (I'm already so much paler than my friends since joining iuoma, it's summer here after all...)

Your ever faithful and humble newbie, (backstepping, bowing, averting eyes to the ground)

Vizma xx

For folks who reconsidered and have withdrawn - that's actually very wise and thoughtful. These projects are not your ordinary mail-art call, if there is such a thing.

So OK! Any more visual poets who have come online recently who would like to join the project?

I´m in if there`s still a place...

Welcome Marcela, I'll add you to the list.

Welcome Arao Salamat. I added you to the list.

I will need an address for Arao please.  I hope the address list is up to date - please will you all check and confirm your details are correct. Many thanks :-) X

Morning everyone :-).

I have divided the list by allocating a 1 or 2 next to each name and separating it on that basis.  Please check the group you are in.  There is space for one more in Book 2.  I have not heard from Serena Rossi (Italy) Arao Salamat (Philippines). We will give until Monday to finalize or a new person will come in. PLEASE – this is the final list. Even at this late stage, if you feel this project is too much, it is ok to pull out. Just let me know. Confirm: Everyone needs to make 15 copies of their work (A4 divided in half = 8 sides of visual poetry around the theme of your favorite visual artist) and [post to each person on their list. De Villo will again write one of his great introductions to each book. Many thanks to all the participants. 

Fantastic Cheryl! So it's official. This visual poetry will be in two separate editions.

We definitely should have a place for page and chapter drafts. I am very interested to see what the artists are thinking about, and that should benefit everyone.

As with Asemics 16, the threads can become a little maze-like. Be patient and we'll establish them.

Thanks to everyone for your participation and support!

Could become almost an ongoing project because who is not inspired by other great artists?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-nov-2020.   If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2020   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service