It's probably been done before, but how about another decorated envelope swap?  I just love getting these and using them to send notes to my friends and relatives! 

I also have used some to make little books .

Tags: Envelopes

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Mary! 

I am new to this group as of yesterday, but participate in a correspondence collage group that is a sub-group of the large Yahoo -based Altered Books Group : alteredbooks : Create art using books, alter them!

In the collage group, we are finishing up a postcard swap, and just finished a large envelope round robin- the 9x12 size of mailing envelope.  I love doing these, because I can then use the envelopes in the books and journals I create.  I would be happy to participate in a decorated envelope swap with you.  We are also doing file folder mail art round robins.  Here is a link to the two I will be sending around to have further decorating done on them:  http://www.glitz-oh.com/2013/08/manila-mail-art/

Here is a mail art altered book I created and sent around in a round robin- the folks altered postcards to slide into the envelopes:   http://www.glitz-oh.com/art/?file=roundrobins/BossAlteredBookRoundR...

I really enjoy decorating the larger mail envelopes, and don't mind swapping large for smaller!  Would you be interested in swapping with me?

Below is a photo of one of the Envelope Books I made just recently....would you like an unfinished one to play with?  I would be happy to send you the pattern for you to finish.

Just let me know. And yes, looking for something else to swap with you and LOVE your folders!

Hugs, Mary

Thank you Mary!  I'd love to have the pattern- thank you!  No need to send the book, just the pattern- I love making books in any form!  I need your snail address , please, to send you something! :) 

I am so enjoying this group already- so nice to meet such friendly, like-minded souls :)  (and I saw you joined the Altered Books Group! - I've been a co-moderator on (and a little bit off, once) since 2003!)  Be sure to check out all the folders in the Files and Photos sections - we have a wealth of information in the geroup, which began Aug. 6, 1999 - wow - 14 years ago.

Hi Corinne: Will try to send you the pattern for the envelope book and make a sample for you; please send your address.

Went to a fabulous show yesterday with all altered books; have so many new ideas and will send a photo of my favorite one, but they were all wonderful and  very creative!

My snail address is:

Mary Grellner

254 Green Summit Dr.

Wentzville, MO 63385   USA

Love this!  It reminds me of my circle book  that i made WAAY back in 2003. :)  This looks like it was a wonderful show!!!  Where was it held?

This show was held at a place called The Foundry; has all kinds of gallerys and the whole upstairs is filled with studios and artists. Such a great place to visit!!

SEE PHOTO AND NOTE BELOW:  I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED....

OK.....THE PHOTO WILL NOW BE "ABOVE" THIS NOTE....

DUH

LOL!  Love it!

I'd like to do an envelope swap.... Or book/folder swap. The pic of the book with the long page is intriguing. I like bookbinding. I'm self taught (I'm a good Internet searcher!). Let me know what we wanna swap!!!

and Mary, I've got a Doggy Swap postcard going your way in Mondays mail! Arf!

What a great idea. I luv em and I luv it.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service