Our small gallery located in our small library that is part of our small college in our fairly small state is looking for a big display.  The goal of the library gallery space is to introduce a variety of art displays to students majoring in engineering, business, fire science, agriculture, nursing, and a host of other disciplines. Students have fairly heavy course loads. The study is very hands-on and creative, but can be overwhelming with all the math and science. I think it is time to expose them to mail art!

I want to put up a display at the start of our semester in August. An artist that displays here suggested an open call for mail art.  I am thinking we need a theme that our students will connect with.  So I'm asking the experts!  What should it be?  Welcome?  School days? Practical learning?  First day jitters?

We would like to springboard this exhibit into a student activity later on - perhaps students using the mail art to create a collective art piece. 

Comments, suggestions, advice is welcome.  I am new to this space, so if this isn't the place to ask, just let me know.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the right place to ask and once you have settled on a topic , ask Rudd Janssen to post on the mail art projects website to get a bigger response. A happy theme is good. Happy experience s at school/college?

Hi Robyn, thanks for the advice, Great idea to keep it positive.  I think we will go with that.  Thanks again.  Susan

You can publish your own projects in the group "Mail-Art Projects". If you need help in getting the word out, I can help if needed.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-feb-2019.   If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2017   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service