Hi. I am a mail artist and a Latin American Historian. I am considering a project on Mail Art in Latin America: the evolution, what makes it unique, and how involved the region is in the art form. I have read what is on the web but I would like a perspective from current artists as well. Anyone have any ideas or comments about Mail Art in Latin America they would like to share?

Thanks.

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hola. Soy un artista electrónico y un historiador latinoamericano. Estoy pensando en un proyecto de arte postal en América Latina: la evolución, lo que lo hace único, y cómo participan la región está en la forma de arte. He leído lo que hay en la web, pero me gustaría una perspectiva de artistas actuales también. Alguien tiene alguna idea o comentario sobre el Arte Correo en Latinoamérica que les gustaría compartir?
Gracias.

Thank you, that was very helpful. I am hoping to present a paper on Mail Art at the Pop Culture Association conference in the Latin American sub-field. There hasn't been much done on Mail Art in the PCA and I thought it would be a good way to bring attention and start a discussion in an academic setting. That, and the fact that I participate in mail art, would seem to make it a much more interesting topic than the dissertation I am soooooo tired of writing. 

is a project with great educational value ....

because many people do not know this form of expression!

in my city, an island in the northeast of Brazil I

do not know anyone who knows about mail art

will welcome a project that speaks of progress and how

to promote art post in latin america.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service