This is TWO sheets of A4 paper folded in half then nested.  Please use a thicker quality paper for your work - computer paper is too thin and tears easily in the binding process. Again, at the end of the project I will blog binding instructions. You will need to make 15 copies of your work to post to the other artists participating in the book you are in.  A list of names addresses will be put in separate discussions. You will be notified of this.

Views: 302

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the affirmative on 8.5 x 11 Ginny. I had the same thought but wasn't sure if I should suggest it. Nice to have decisive personalities in collaborative projects - else we would spin our wheels forever.
BTW - I used 8.5 x 11 paper in the previous book project and did not receive a single complaint. I don't think anyone noticed.
I guess we're all set then?
We're set when Cheryl agrees, I think. As Dylan said: "You gotta serve somebody."

Just noticed in the Dylan lyrics he mentions RJ - Ray. Who's Ray? Naw, just a coincidence.

You may call me Terry, you may call me Jimmy
You may call me Bobby, you may call me Zimmy
You may call me R.J., you may call me Ray
You may call me anything but no matter what you say.

You're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Bruno - yip, I'm smiling! Thanks DVS - yes Plush - go for it! Ginny - happy chappy?? I ONLY make unique books. So the oddity of page size - BRING IT ON!!! That way, each book is its own entity. BUT that said - maybe Bruno and I will be be the only ones OUR size :-) Thats ok - adds to ASEMCS!

Should we sign the first page? I would like to know which chapters belong to which artist.

Any recommendations for thread, needles, etc. for binding? (since this is my first book)

Marcia - the binding will come last :-) - I will send all the details - yip, good for everyone to sign their work - I've signed the last page. Angie - you found your answer - excellent ;-) X
thank you, Cheryl.

so i got my pages from "E" today, and compared my sheets to his.

i'd gotten 8.5x14 after doing some searching on A4 paper, apparently that is the WRONG size@!

what are the actual dimensions for A4, the kind i need for this project??

thanks!!!

Hi Superhero, if you go back to the earlier pages of this thread, you'll find page dimensions in centimeters. Also, I think in the main asemic writing thread, Ruud Janssen posted a link to international paper sizes. As you receive the chapters, you will probably see small variations in page sizes. Earlier we agreed 8.5 X 11 pages will work for people in the U.S. They definitely worked for Project 26.

sorry, i just don't have time to wade through the discussion.

i'm already lagging on french homework as it is :-/

i don't have the right kind of paper for 8.5x11, so i'm buying paper either way.

i don't mind buying it, i just need the dimensions.

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service