Bonjour boys and girls!

Angie and Snooky told us yesterday that:

"This year July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This apparently happens once every 823 years."

I propose that we celebrate it with a Postal History Boutique Special Mailing in July.

The theme is FIVE (or vijf, viisi, cinq, funf, cinque, fem, piec, cinco, etc)

There are 5 rules to this Mailing:

1. You must mail on Tuesday 5th July

2. On a pentagram shaped card (or on a pentagram superimposed on the front of an envelope)

3. Your piece must have a 5-theme (see below). You have to tell the Mailing List Co-ordinator (Guess who? Yes, me) what your 5-theme) is going to be

4. It must include at least one 5-cent (or local currency equivalent) postage stamp. [If a 5-cent stamp is unavailable, then a 15, 25, 35 etc stamp is acceptable, as long as it has a 5 in it.]

5. Er, I don't have a 5th rule yet...any ideas, gang?

Possible 5-themes are:

* Renault 5

* Chanel No 5

* 5 senses

* Take 5

* 5 wounds of Jesus

* 5 Olympic Circles

* The Famous Five

* 5 books of Moses

* High 5

* etc, including of course any other(s) that you care to choose.

Please let me know -- with your full mailing address, and the 5-theme you have chosen -- if you would like to participate in this once-in-a -823-year-occasion mailing* .

Regards, Val

* Regretfully, the Postal History Boutique cannot commit at this moment in time (ie now) to organise another mailing on this theme in 2834

Views: 290

Replies to This Discussion

No Geraldo Rivera!!!!!

;)

Why? Why not? Geraldo?

Val

Because Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault on live TV (after a huge build-up) and it was empty.  Besides, the house deal fell through and we aren't going to buy it anymore.  So no safe for me.  Sad!

Bonjour jen! Very sad indeed, but hope you still have a tent to live in and a Mini to sleep in. As we'll never know the '5 Things That Jen Found In Her Safe', can I suggest that your Five contribution is something like 'Five Things That jen Would have Liked to have Found In Her Safe'?

Regards, Val

So sorry about the house deal! :(

Sometimes, they happen that way.

Maybe you'll find a much, much better price at a better location.

By the way, no new address, house deal fell through. I'm sad and bitter, but my back is happy I don't have to move, so there's that.

A German Joke follows but first a Health Warning:

"A German joke is no laughing matter".

No, that wasn't the joke. Here it is:

Q: What comes between fear and sex?*

A: Five!

Ha ha.

(If you don't get it straight off, the German for 4 is  'vier' [pronounced 'fear'], for six 'sechs ['sex'], and for 5 'funf')

Has anyone got a better 5 joke?

Regards, Val

oooooooooooooh, vier , funf...and too early in the morning for sex. er, sechs!

But funny joke, did put smile on face... ;-)

Bonjour! It is now a bit later in the day, so i thought I'd set you another linguistic challenge:

"sov godt for sex, eteter ti kan du hvile"

(It 's on a piece that will be in mly May exhibition°

Regards, Val

Oh, Lisa...that is a yummy theme! I got nostalgic just now for Lifesavrs! Mmmmmm good flavors!
AND...we are FIVE! (and Snooky makes 6 ...sechs?)

Funf und ein hund*

Val

*That might not be correct German, but it sort of rhymes;

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service