I received this in my email inbox this morning. The fact that they mined my email address from IUOMA was pretty annoying. Is nothing sacred?!?!? Miss Goodness will not pine for me for long I fear.

Kerry

"HELLO
How are you today, I hope all is well with you .I am sorry to worry you with my Proposal for a relationship with you, but I know that you will grant my request in good faith and understanding, My name is Miss goodness, I just went Through your profile today at (iuoma-network.ning.com) and I have no options than letting you Know that I am interested in having a relationship with you, I will also like to Know you the more, I can send you more details about my self Including my picture.please contact me with this my Private mail (goodness6363@yahoo.co.uk)I believe
We can move from here. But bear in mind that Love has no colours barrier, no educational back ground barrier, no scion-economic Barrier, religious, language, nationality or distance barrier, the only important Thing there is love. I am waiting for your mail to my email address this is my privet mail so contact me (goodness6363@yahoo.co.uk) Yours goodness"

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

received the same e-mail. Since the profiles are open, this kind of spam can happen. No fun indeed. Just delete and move on is the best to do. I will check out if I can secure profiles better with an option. - Ruud
Thanks Rudd! No worries. I have to say that these are getting pretty creative.
The pages of the IUOMA network are now set on open for members only. Only the main page is open for everybody. So spammers have it a bit more difficult to get the addresses from the site.

Hi. Thought you might want to know about this one as well. I just received it today. It's kind of stange how they got my email as I don't have it posted on my IUOMA page:

Hello
 My name is Miss Grace; A loving and caring Lady,I got your contact at (iuoma-network.ning.com )and am interested in you,contact me through my Email address so that i can send you my photos and from there we can go ahead.
I want you to understand that race or distance does not matter but loving and caring matters a lot in life.
I look forward to hear your responses  soonest.
Yours truly,
Grace.
     ( grace209david@yahoo.com )

I got the same one, it is really annoying!
Rudd,
I am not sure if I am directing this question to the right place, so apologies in advance. I googled my name and my IUOMA page comes up and can be accessed along with my friends page. From your April 2nd 2011 post I thought it had been set to be open for IUOMA members only. Also some posts I made on other people's pages or walls also appear. I like that we can pop in and read other members pages but kind of creepy anyone on the net can read them. Is there anything we can do about that?
Rudd,

If I google my name my IUOMA page comes up and can be accessed and my friends page. From your April 2nd 2011 post I thought it had been set to be open for IUOMA members only. Also some posts I made on other people's pages appear. I like that we can pop in and read other members pages but kind of creepy anyone on the net can read them. Is there anything we can do about that?

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service