Has this happened to anyone else?
I've sent three pieces to Shanghai and none of them got to their destination. Is there something going on with China's mail laws?

Thanks for any help!

see special group: http://iuoma-network.ning.com/group/chinamailart

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha, I'm down to start a group! If we sent it all to my friend she wold be positively thrilled...at least if she got it!

All to the same person but two to her apartment, one to her work.
Jimmy, I'm for it, too. Snooky...wag that tail! Me has this rubber stamp, see?

love these kind of stamps

Started this project and blog some time ago. It could support the group or the group would support the project. Shal I make the group or does someone else want to be moderator?
http://www.chinesemailart.blogspot.com/ is the location of the blog. My mail-art to Hong-Kong did arrive. But to the main-land china there is still problems in getting mail-art to or from.
The rubber stamp is one of those discount "steals" that I got in Chicago last September, Ruud...in this paradise-for-artsy-people-store called Hobby Lobby! But have not used it too much.
Have you had any replies from those in the mainland China? I'm thinking because I always use "conservative" envelopes...and marked GREECE, mine might get through? It's worth trying.
actually in china there are a lot of people keen on making the postcards ourselves, this may called the mailart.
i want to start a show in shanghai china to introduce the mailart and let more people to join, but the thing that i didnt get the mailarts from jimmy is really disappointed and let the idea of holding the show get delayed.

i hope the problem can be solved
I love that stamp Katerina!
This is such a good point - where are they? Japan and Korea has some great mailartists, but China? Plenty of postcrossers, none of them ever send mailart
thanks! jimmy, i want to find the answer too. i'v went to the post office to ask if the mailart can be sent, the answer is positive,but i dont know why i cant get it. maybe can u call ur mail office to ask if it is allowed to mainland?
and i am still hold a strong desire to start the show in china to let more people know about mailart although the thing i didnt got ur mail is a little disppoint ,but i think with the help with all the friends, the thing will finally get solved.
Has anyone tried this? Send an ordinary (ie non-Mail Art) Envelope to a non-Artist in China, and ask him/her to forward it via the internal Chinese postal system. Inside the plain Envelope would be a Mail Art piece. It's a 2-step process that might work:who knows?
Regards, Val (who doesn't have any contacts in China who could be of assistance here)

RSS

Support

Want to support the IUOMA with a financial gift via PayPal?

The money will be used to keep the IUOMA-platform alive. Current donations keep platform online till 1-july-2024. If you want to donate to get IUOMA-publications into archives and museums please mention this with your donation. It will then be used to send some hardcopy books into museums and archives. You can order books yourself too at the IUOMA-Bookshop. That will sponsor the IUOMA as well.

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

Bewaren

© 2024   Created by Ruud Janssen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service